In Battle for Azeroth, you don’t need to be a skilled archaeologist to level up the profession. Like previous expansions, a novice will be able to step onto their first dig site in Zandalar or Kul Tiras without having to level up in earlier content. To start, head to your faction’s archaeology trainer in your capital city (The Great Seal, Zandazar or Stormsong Valley, Kul Tiras) to learn the profession.
Things to note:
- There are three active dig sites at all times on either continent
- Each location may be surveyed 9 times (offer 5-9 fragments and 1 skill point)
- As soon as you hit that sweet spot on a survey, a shovel appears
- You can hold up to 200 fragments per race
- A maximum stack of 20 keystones
- There are six common solves per race
- Rare solves will come from digging
At the moment, archaeology is pretty buggy so on the off chance the journal opens, pristines and bonus skill points aren’t quite working properly either. Levelling from 1-950 will also take a while because there are only 3 dig sites spread across the whole continent and without manual flying, it takes a long time to hoof it by ground and taxi. It would be nice if dig sites phased us out like entering a pet battle so as soon as you activated the shovel, you could dig around in peace and not have to fight the same mobs over and over. I really think Blizz missed the boat by making the profession a little more fun, especially with these helper robots.
With two main continents, it makes sense there will be a unique branch for each. Sadly, the direhorn pet uses the same skin as a number of others like the Pygmy Direhorn but it does have Deflection which is a pretty nice change. You may like the Restored Revenant though (see right).
Keystone: Etched Drust Bone
Dig Sites: all over Kul Tiras
Keystone: Zandalari Idol
Dig sites: all over Zandalar
The Royal Treasury
- Light Travel – Complete 50 dig sites across Kul Tiras and Zandalar
- Lengthy Legwork – Complete 100 dig sites across Kul Tiras and Zandalar
- Exotic Discoveries – Restore one of each of the common Zandalari and Drust artifacts.
- Kul Tiran Archaeologist (A)- Obtain 950 skill points in archaeology.
- Kul Tiran Curator (A)- Restore and display pristine versions of all Zandalari and Drust artifacts.
- Zandalari Archaeologist (H)- Obtain 950 skill points in archaeology.
- Zandalari Curator (H) – Restore and display pristine versions of all Zandalari and Drust artifacts.