I never thought I’d be completing Wrathion’s legendary chain on more than one character especially when you can still get an Ordos kill without it (thanks to my main) but with the recent buff and Deeds of Valor addition, I’ve been able to get my hunter past the 3K hump. It still took me three weeks to get there with the valor cap and only a week of double valor but the deeds make great use of those extra Timeless Coins.
Now with the Gaze of the Black Prince added today, I’m also looking at completing the cloak on my mage whose up to The Strength of One’s Foes.
Beginning Tuesday, June 17 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, through Monday, June 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, we’ll be applying the Gaze of the Black Prince buff which will increase the reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. It will also increase the chance of obtaining items from his foes needed as a part of the Legendary Cloak quest line including: the Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestones.
Source: Blizzard site
To test the drop rate, I queued for the Gates of Retribution having only completed the first section of SoO last weekend. Funnily enough, I zoned in to find a couple of people complaining about no real change to their sigil count while another said he had gained an extra ten or so. I was happy to walk out with four and some loot as well so I look forward to collecting my last seven very soon.
- Sigil of Power – 10 total: Drops from 36 bosses – all Tier 14 bosses (4 in Terrace of Endless Spring, 6 in Heart of Fear, 6 in Mogu’shan Vaults), all Tier 15 bosses (12 in Throne of Thunder), and first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 total in Vale of Eternal Sorrows, Gates of Retribution). Objective of The Strength of One’s Foes. Must be completed before you get your legendary gem.
- Sigil of Wisdom – 10 total: Drops from 36 bosses – all Tier 14 bosses (4 in Terrace of Endless Spring, 6 in Heart of Fear, 6 in Mogu’shan Vaults), all Tier 15 bosses (12 in Throne of Thunder), and first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 total in Vale of Eternal Sorrows, Gates of Retribution). Objective of The Strength of One’s Foes. Must be completed before you get your legendary gem.
- Secrets of the Empire – 20 total: Drops from 20 bosses – all wings of Throne of Thunder (12 bosses) and first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 total in Vale of Eternal Sorrows, Gates of Retribution). Objective of Secrets of the First Empire. Must be completed before you get your legendary meta-gem.
- Titan Runestone – 12 total: Drops from 14 bosses – the last two wings of Throne of Thunder (6 total in Halls of Flesh-Shaping, Pinnacle of Storms) and first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 total in Vale of Eternal Sorrows, Gates of Retribution). Objective of Echoes of the Titans. Must be completed before you get Chapter III: Two Princes.
At the moment I have A Change of Command left to do on my hunter after completing my PVP requirement in only three matches – woot! I forgot how fun PVP can be on my hunter (even though I had no PVP gear) so it makes me feel more inclined to PVP – at least on my priest, which I know Cool wants to do more of.
So does this buff change anything for you or have you done the chain on more than one toon already?
I had no intention of making another legendary cloak but I thought I may as well finish The Strength of One’s Foes while the sigils still had a chance to drop. Doing this more than once is not fun but when I noticed I was three away from completing the quest, I tried queuing for the first two sections of SoO. It was hard enough getting a fresh run at times but I persevered leaving me one short so tried my luck in an older raid. I queued for all four sections in the Throne of Thunder zoning into the Pinnacle of Storms and then Forgotten Depths.
As I jumped onto Ji-Kun’s platform, something unexpected happened.
That’s right, my pet landed right on my head! This may be old news for some but it’s only the second time I’ve taken my hunter in there so I wasn’t sure if this was a common thing or not. So after someone pulled the boss prematurely I was curious to see if I could recreate the effect.
Cat bearding warcraft style? …or what about this as a cat beard? LMAO!
Then again, I think I like my SpiritHood better.
=^.^= Meow :3
After staring at Ji-Kun for an hour or so, I ended up being the last tauren AFKing. Looks like that last sigil will have to wait.
Seems my post the other day about Ordos worked, not only did I manage to kill him yesterday… he actually dropped something. I think Derevka inadvertently gave me some of his luck. Better still, I didn’t have to reforge a thing.
Last weekend I completed Downfall, the last section of the Siege of Orgrimmar. All I can say is wow, that last scene was disturbing but I was excited to find out the identity of the new warchief. Great choice imo.
…not to mention the alliance version.
It was great to see this tree blooming amidst of the recent devastation of the Vale, much like flying through the Barrens after Deathwing’s destruction.
Here’s the cutscene played out after Garrosh’s defeat.
Oh and I’m glad the technical issues were fixed after the mini patch last night. Trying to load into Org after so many attempts was not fun.
After some difficulty getting a raid together for Niuzao, the last Celestial I needed for The Emperor’s Way, I managed to get my quest done before heading off to see Wrathion and Lorewalker Cho in the Seat of Knowledge. It was here that I witnessed a very cool cutscene retelling my very own storyline over the last few months.
Cooler still was walking outside to see yourself on display.
On the other hand, I wasn’t expecting to see the wings proc so often though. I can understand when you’re casting spells but I think it will get old pretty quickly otherwise. Never-the-less it feels great to have it completed. The last thing I have to do is kill Garrosh for Judgement of the Black Prince below.
As a reminder, here’s the series of quests we had:
- A Reckoning
- Celestial Blessings – I’m still quite amazed at the attention my video received from this
- Cloak of Virtue
- Preparing to Strike
Meet Me Back at the Inn
- A Timeless Discovery
- Secrets of the Timeless Isle
The Emperor’s Way
- A Pandaren Legend
- Judgment of the Black Prince
Wrathion’s latest task required me to kill the Thunder King and bring back his heart. I wasn’t quite expecting what he ended up doing with it but I was excited about the next part of the legendary chain. I had read about the four challenges that awaited players but I had not anticipated how rusty I was as Disc. I never thought I’d say this but it seems I’ve been spending far too much time DPSing these days with Brawlers, raiding, rare killing and questing.
This became obvious as I started my first attempt in the Temple of the Red Crane. It didn’t help that a couple of times Wrathion and/or Deathwing ended up glitching or just despawning. As a result, I ended up taking a break to get some dinner so I could come back later and try again. This seemed to help as I eventually got it.
Phew! Now I’m going to spend some more time healing so I can get a feel for the spec I’ve loved for so long.