- Brawler’s Guild
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Posts tagged Rare Elite
Here’s our 2nd Group Rare kill taken in the Abyssal Depths of Vashj’ir. The kill itself took ~12mins with five level 80′s.
Mobus has 4 abilities:
- Algae clouds which can be easily moved out of once he has targeted someone;
- Ram which had our tank using a CD for every cleave;
- Wake basically our DPS kept to one side of him for the duration; and
- Enrage which he will do towards the end.
We actually used 2 healers but could probably have used one as long as everyone watched out for his abilities. All in all, I had to hymn once and fiend in addition to 3 innervates :P That’s DPS/healing though.
I usually like to sleep in on Sundays but this could be one of the few exceptions to the rule. After Coolidge called me with a brief, yet urgent “Get on, please get on, Get on!” 000 call; I quickly learnt that he had found one of the Group rares in Uldum – Akma’hat.
He has the following abilities:
- Fury of the Sands – Sand boulders erupt in all directions, dealing Physical damage on impact.
- Sands of Time – Behold the sands of time! Reduces haste of some nearby enemies within 60 yards for 15 sec.
- Shockwave – Deals 95000 to 105000 Physical damage in a cone in front of the caster, affecting all enemies up to 50 yards away.
- Stone Mantle – Surrounds the caster in a mantle of stone that absorbs incoming damage. Increases damage dealt for as long as the mantle holds.
After a quick summon and 7 in the raid, we gave it a go and after an epic 10 minute battle he was eating the very sand he was standing in just a few seconds earlier. Not too hard a fight either. Looking forward to the next one :)