- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Posts tagged random thoughts
Now that we have a release date, there are still a number of pets I’ll need to level if I plan to use them in the Celestial Tournament. Hopefully it won’t take too long, provided I can get some more rissoles and hotdogs before then. The good new is, all the pets are rare, unlike the random collection I received on the PTR. Although it will be a little sad to say goodbye to the ones I may never own on live like the Vanilla CE pets and Tyrael’s Hilt. You know, I never realised how funny Lil’ Tyrael is when he falls asleep.
A couple of days ago, we were farming Cool’s shoulders in Dragon Soul when this achievement popped so not only did we get a brand spanking achievement, Morchok dropped his shoulders too.
Then earlier today I ventured into Diablo III for a bit and it really showed I haven’t played for a while (over a year) because I was right-clicking and dropping hydras everywhere and that was just for starters.
To top off the day we did a couple heroic dungeons where I was highest on the damage metre as Disc for one of the dungeons :P
It must be that time of year again when I find myself in the same predicament and it’s not even spring! I was having trouble looting all the items to sell during my runs though Kara, TK and SSC but the last straw came when I was doing an exploration run of the third room in the Troves of the Thunder King and couldn’t finish looting a Golden Chest because my bag was full.
Turns out I had left a Burial Trove Key in the Golden Chest but the dilemma was deciding which item to delete from my bag. This wasted about 15secs trying to decide which object I could live without. In the end I discarded my Ancient Amber which I’ve had since early Cata but in all honesty, I haven’t really used since Dragon Soul.
So now my bank and backpacks are all upgraded with Royal Satchels which helps but I still needed to go through my entire inventory. This included a couple of pieces in my Void Storage and bank since a few turned out to be look-alike pieces, particularly the cloaks.
I was able to free up 18 spots which is great and I even changed my shadow mog to my Cymre Jones outfit since it frees up a bit more room. It’s just too bad I’m using a staff instead of my stake/torch or journal and you still need to show the shoulders which is a shame (not that she really uses them for her outfit). Plus I was holding all my Battle-Stones on my alt since she’s doing more of the pet battling these days but I’m suddenly tempted to hold them on my main. I might just wait for the patch though.
My latest big purchase turned out to be another TCG pet after seeing the price drop low enough in the AH. It feels so great to mark another one off the list. No fragments in Ulduar though this week.
I’ve been known to stay at one Tamer location for a long time, especially when I’m power levelling a pet. So it’s not unusual that on occasion I will be locked in battle with with a pet or team as the rounds surpass 20 or 30 (although that’s more likely in a regular wild battle).
Take today for instance. I was in the process of trying to level several combinations of pets when I decided to use my uncommon level 22 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling as the booster pet. After a couple of close attempts, it was only until my dragonling was was the last pet standing (or should I say flying) together with Hyuna’s turtle that I thought about epic battles and secret achievements.
WoWHead has these secret achievements which can be unlocked – but you won’t know the criteria for it until you’ve earned it. Pretty tricky, huh? So as my battle went past 50 rounds (:P), I thought it would be cool if we had achievements to reflect the length or difficulty of a battle – but it would have to be continuous active moves and no passing.
Call it perseverance or stubbornness but I was somewhat curious to see how long it could go for. Towards the end, I was determined to get a win as my other two pets were dead and this was my levelling pet so I kept going until I was victorious. Turns out my dragon’s decoy ability worked like a charm, esp. when the turtle wanted to headbutt his opponent.
Well, it may be just a pipe dream but it was a nice thought while it lasted… after this particular battle though I only had some treats and a tattered collar to show for it.
In Other Pet News
- The issue with mech and undead not proccing their rez is a known bug and we plan to fix it in 5.2.0 (Source)
- We made a dramatic reduction to the respawn timer on the Scourged Whelpings in 5.2.0 (Source)
- No changes to the Minfernal, we are happy with it’s capture rate. Scourged whelp was way off, its similar to Minfernal now. (Source)
- An Elite pet will give standard XP but their daily quest has a much higher chance to drop a rare battle-stone. (Source)
- Spirit tamers give a massive multiplier to XP on their dailies already, so no need for the battle-stones to be included in bags. (Source)
- Plan is to have bonus rolls work for raid boss pets. Currently 2 of those and one pet on raid trash. Current plan is that they will drop as normal loot and on bonus rolls. Stunted Direhorn is not 5.2 anymore, most likely 5.3 at this point. We have a cool replacement though! Shooting for a custom model in 5.3.0 (Source)
- Holding off on Epic Battle-Stones a bit longer still. They will come along with epic pets at the same time most likely. (Source)
- The new raid pets are in all difficulties, including LFR. (Source) Fan-bloody-tastic! :)