- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Posts tagged Priest
Here are a few more changes in the latest build.
Playing around with two of the other talents today, I tried out Mindbender and Spectral Guise. At first I thought we might have the regular shadowfiend and this other one as two sources of mana. However, that’s not the case as your current shadowfiend gets replaced by this improved one. Does double the damage at a 4min CD and lasts about the same amount of time.
Not much to say about Spectral Guise atm, just wanted to try it out really. Still leaves you in combat, even though you’re technically invisible but might be a nice little breather when needed. Although three direct hits and it’s cancelled.
Currently at 163K heath, one stack of Spirit Shell absorbs 55,078 damage. Based on my current gear, I need two casts to cap out at 65,485. Still pretty slow at a cast of 2.28sec unfortunately. Since they’ve removed Greater Heal, I don’t really see this as being a viable option atm without some sort of filler spell.
Glyph of Penance – Increases the mana cost of Penance by 20% but allows Penance to be cast while moving. Without the glyph the cost is 3720, glyphed 4463
I do like the idea of being able to cast while moving, just like during the Alys fight. Will need to test it out in a dungeon or something as I didn’t get a chance today.
An interesting thing happened when I was trying to do a dig at the Temple of the Red Crane.
According to the tooltip for Void Tendrils, there’s a 30sec CD. As I tried to pick up my fragments while fighting a Haunt of Despair, I set off one of my tendrils on it. I was surprised to see after a few seconds, I could lay another one on it so I thought I’d try something. Since the CD on my tendrils wasn’t counting down I just spammed the button for several more seconds. I thought 10 would be a good number :P
Not too good for my mana pool but it sure was fun :)
It feels like ages since the last lot of new content was added to the beta but with last night’s Patch changes, here’s what’s different:
There’s now a ‘Core Abilities’ tab in the Spellbook. Not sure but I think something’s a bit off :P
- Fade now temporarily removes all your threat.
- Mass Dispel now costs 13% of base mana, down from 38% of base mana. Now has a 15 sec cooldown.
- Void Shift is no longer a talent. Now has a 6 min cooldown. You and the currently targeted party or raid member swap health percentages. Increases the lower health percentage of the two to 25% if below that amount.
- Cascade absorb has been reduced by 66%. Now scales from 97.5% of Spell Power, down from 261.3%.
- Divine Insight Discipline and Holy bonuses have been reworked. Discipline – When you cast Spirit Shell, there is a 40% chance your next Power Word: Shield will both ignore and not cause the Weakened Soul effect. Holy – When you cast Greater Heal, there is a 40% chance your next Prayer of Mending will not trigger its cooldown, and will jump to each target instantly.
- Divine Star now is instant cast, down from 0.25 sec cast. Base damage/healing has been reduced by 28%. Now scales from 32.5% of Spell Power, down from 65%.
- Feathers From Heaven is now Angelic Feather.
- From Darkness, Comes Light now has a 2 Charges limit.
- Halo is now Instant, down from 2 sec cast. Base damage reduced by 50%. Now scales from 195% of Spell Power, down from 390%.
- Mindbender *New* – Creates a Mindbender to attack the target. Caster receives 6% mana when the Mindbender attacks. Damage taken by area of effect attacks is reduced. Lasts 15 sec. 4 min cooldown. Can be cast in Shadowform.
- Twist of Fate has been reworked – After damaging or healing a target below 20% health, you deal 15% increased damage and healing for 10 sec.
- Rapture – When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with mana equal to 150% of your Spirit. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.
- Borrowed Time – Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield. Lasts for 6 sec.
- Spirit Shell now costs 6% of Base Mana, up from 2%. Now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 3 sec. now absorbs (32,648 + 219.0% of SP) spell damage. Healing now procs when the shield expires or is dispelled.
- Chakra: Chastise now Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 75%, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise.
- Greater Heal base healing has been reduced by 17%. Now has a 2.5 sec cast time, down from 3 sec.
- Serendipity – When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 20% and mana cost reduced by 10%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 20 sec.
- Vampiric Touch base damage has been reduced by 75%. Now scales from 37.6% of Spell Power, down from 62.6% of Spell Power.
- Meditation now allows 25% of mana regeneration to continue, down from 50%.
- Glyph of Fade now causes your Fade ability now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
- Glyph of Penance now Increases the mana cost of Penance by 20% but allows Penance to be cast while moving.
Tier Set Bonuses
- Priest T14 Healer 2P Bonus – New: Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal spell by 10%.
- Priest T14 Healer 4P Bonus – New: Reduces the cooldown of your Penance spell by 4 sec and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing spell by 4 sec.
- Priest T14 Shadow 2P Bonus – New: Increases the critical strike chance of your Mind Flay spell by 10%.
- Priest T14 Shadow 4P Bonus – New: Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch spells by 3 sec.
Those bonuses really couldn’t be less exciting. Hopefully they’ll be rectifying that soon…
I love throwing a shield on myself when I want to reach something a bit faster (like a quest item) or run away from something when I’m trying to take their picture :P
I must say that I still miss Holy Nova, as it’s a spell I used quite often. I’m still not quite happy with the cast time of Spirit Shell but it’s handy stacking it twice for the absorb. Tendrils are fun to use while soloing and you can use them often which is handy although they die pretty quickly.
In general Disc seemed weak in terms of output so I’m glad the following changes have been made. I’ve only done the Temple of the Jade Serpent once but with these new changes and more experience with the new tree/talents, etc. I’ll be looking forward to trying it again. It’s just a shame the few macros I wrote for my spells no longer work :/
Read on for the latest Priest changes…
- Binding Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 112.4% of Spell Power, up from 78.9%
- Flash Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 164.2% of Spell Power,
- Power Word: Shield base absorb has been increased by 42%.
- Prayer of Mending healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from from 57.1% of Spell Power, up from 40.1%.
- Renew healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 25.9% of Spell Power, up from 18.2%
- Cascade base healing has been increased by 120%. Now scales from 261.3% of Spell Power, up from 234%.
- Divine Star base healing has been increased by 120%. Now scales from 65% of Spell Power, up from 58.5%.
- From Darkness, Comes Light now also procs from Spirit Shell
- Halo base healing has been increased 120%. Now scales from 391.1% of Spell Power, up from 351%.
- Divine Fury (New) – Increases your chance to hit with Penance, Smite, and Holy Fire by 15%.
- Penance healing/damage has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 63.5% of Spell Power, up from 44.6%.
- Circle of Healing healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 46.7% of Spell Power, up from 32.8%.
- Divine Hymn healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 54.1% of Spell Power, up from 77.1%.
- Greater Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 219% of Spell Power, up from 153.8%.
- Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 102.4% of Spell Power, up from 71.9%.
- Lightwell base healing has been increased by 42%.
- Prayer of Healing healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 67.1% of Spell Power, up from 47.1%