I woke up to find I had been nominated for the third time by Jojo of Admiring Azeroth. The first was by Reihyou and then… (afraid I can’t remember at this moment but it was someone who didn’t list any questions and was on blogger).
So here we go again:
1. Do you still play your first character? If not, why not and if you do, how much? Are they your main or just an alt…
No, I don’t. It was a human paladin (which I still have) but has remained level 23 or so since early vanilla.
2. What’s your opinion of the more monotonous side of WoW? Things like fishing, archaeology, rep grinds etc.
I usually do those for the novelty items like the Scepter of Azj’Aqir, then it’s the rep and achievements which keep me going until I’ve completed everything.
3. Which of the in-game races does the real life you best resemble? (I’m a Dwarf or Pandaren).
Definitely a Blood Elf although I’m slightly more shapely than the current model and my ears aren’t quite as pointy.
4. What other games do you play?
Hearthstone (and I dabble in D3 from time to time).
5. Are you a gold-maker in-game?
Not a serious one but I have been trying to generate gold for any outstanding pets I don’t have or the odd BMAH purchase.
6. Would you class yourself as a typical gamer?
I always thought of a gamer as one who plays lots of different types of games. I don’t, but I guess I am even though I only like to play WoW and Hearthstone.
7. I play on a laptop which is slowly dying from all the WoW-time. What do you play on?
I have my main computer which is what I do the majority of stuff on but I also like to use the laptop (in the evenings) when I can relax with some of the more casual stuff.
8. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you as a result of blogging?
I just love sharing my experiences with others in the WoW community whether it’s my own personal accomplishments or material I hope will help others. On the other hand, I often think sharing so much of myself on the blog limits a lot of interaction that I might otherwise have in-game (also shown by the few comments I receive) because people think they know everything there is to know about me – this isn’t necessarily the case. Remember, I love to read your comments.
9. If all the WoW servers were merged, so EU and US could play together etc, would that affect the game for you? What would you do in celebration? Or could you not give two beeps.
Not at all, unless they didn’t speak english perhaps. I’d much rather be able to do some fun activities like raid with cross-faction friends though. That would mean I could always bring my main for that one transmog item I’ve been trying to get, achievement or just help with heals or DPS.
10. We all have at-least one fun fact about us, what’s yours?
Ooh fun fact? Hmm, let me think about that one..
I used to be in the highest gymnastics class at school.
11. If you could add a new profession to WoW what would it be? Primary or Secondary?
I’d love to have another primary profession, maybe a plastic surgeon so I could customise my character more, LOL.
Well there we go. For those who haven’t participated yet, feel free to take this as an auto-nomination if you’d like to join in. Just don’t forget to add your 11 random facts about yourself and leave a message below so we can see what you’ve written.
Last night, I was surprised to find I’d been nominated for the Liebster Award by Reihyou over at Mana Tide Totem. Now if you’re not sure what a Liebster Award is, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Here are the rules:
1. If you’ve been nominated for a Liebster award, thank the person who nominated you, and post a link back to their blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award (who have less than 200 followers).
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you’ve nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
So here we go:
What inspired you to become a blogger?
I had been reading several blogs but wasn’t sure if I wanted to create one myself so I decided to use our Guild site web journal as a stepping stone to see how I liked it. It seemed like a great opportunity to interact with people sharing a common interest and was encouraged by Navimie to make a post for Blog Azeroth’s Thanksgiving event back in 2011. It was really tough pushing that publish button as the content of that post became more personal than I anticipated.
What was the first character you raided with? Which raid was it? Do you still use this character as your main?
Tallys, my tauren hunter back in vanilla. I’m not sure if it was MC but it was certainly the most memorable. We were stuck on Luci for the longest time. When BC came out, my hunter was retired for my Blood Elf priest Cymre although I would say she’s one of my two main alts.
If you could instantly be knowledgeable and proficient with any class/spec, what would you pick and why?
Probably still my hunter, I strived when playing the minority specs, just to prove to myself they were still viable. This included BM and Disc when both were unpopular.
If you could live in any virtual gaming world, which one would you choose?
Azeroth – no question.
What would you do if Blizzard shut down WoW permanently? Would you play another MMO or game?
I would be so sad to see a game I had invested so much time and effort into close it’s virtual loading screens forever but it’s one of the reasons I’ve documented everything on my blog. Just like my RL photo albums, this is my WoW equivalent. I’m not really sure if I’d play another one, I’ve never really been interested in any others but you never know.
If you could change anything about the class you play in WoW, what would you change and why?
The ability to use or transmog whips in-game – I mean it’s a Cymre Jones signature piece.
If you could pick any job in the gaming industry, what would it be?
I love seeking rares and treasures around the world so I would love to design those.
Are there any bloggers out there who you aspire to be like? What is it about them that you love?
It’s great to see so many bloggers who have stood the test of time and still have a loyal readership. Names which come to mind are Navimie and Alternative Chat. There’s also Tome who often writes with humour and Kamalia with her mogging prowess.
What is the oldest screenshot you have in your WoW Screenshots Folder? What is the story behind it?
I’ve posted my earliest pic before although I’m not entirely sure if it was since a lot of my pics were edited back then. Here’s the earliest unedited one I have in my folder right now. Just another pic of Coolidge trying to kill me back in 2009.
What is your favourite in-game memory of WoW?
There are so many but it’s usually, with Coolidge, testing our limits like finding those rare elites in-game as you level but one that stands out in particular was going into BRD back in late vanilla, farming mobs while it was still challenging with 2 people.
Eleven random facts:
- I love marzipan
- Enjoy aromatherapy
- Only order pizza for home delivery
- Have quite an extensive candle collection, especially beeswax and novelty candles, like my wizard which is one of a kind
- I also have several dragons including a painted vase, a decorative bottle, candlestick holder, novelty candle and figurine.
- Follow the less is more philosophy, esp with makeup and jewellery
- I prefer wearing natural fibres due to my sensitive skin and neutral colours
- I love watching sci-fi and vampire movies as well as those romantic drama series.
- I tend to choose ocean/beach themes although I don’t like swimming too much, go figure!
- I can’t wear pierced earrings because my ears get infected – even gold is an issue
- Yoga is my preferential form of exercise
Ok, as these things go, the longer you leave it, the harder it is to find people to nominate so here are my selections.
Now for the questions.
- What is your earliest memory in WoW?
- What is your favourite activity when playing?
- What is your best WoW memory?
- If you could have any title in WoW, what would it be?
- What is one thing in-game you could not live without?
- What is your favourite item in-game and why?
- Who was the first character you created and do you still play them?
- If you could design any transmog piece, what would it be and why?
- Who inspired you to start blogging?
- What is the first thing you’ll do when WoD becomes live?
- What was your biggest noobish mistake?
Have fun :)