So many things to do and no clones to do them. Oh well, I think I still did ok.
First off, we headed out to the Isle of Thunder, meeting up with Lor’themar and completing our dailies. We managed to kill one of the rares as well as summon up something. I was a little surprised to find both of the two new JC recipes from quest mobs though.
I also managed to locate and capture all four wild pets on the Isle, even though two had phasing issues but you’ll find the ‘Interact with target’ works a treat or ‘click to move’ once you locate one just outside the border of the area. One of the battles scored me a Flawless Battle-Stone as well.
One thing had me stumped though and that was taking over the farm. To begin, head over to Nana Mudclaw to pick up her quest – Inherit the Earth. Basically she wants Yoon to take her place on the Tillers council so you pass along her message. Once that’s done you can turn the quest in to Nana and head back to your farmhouse to find the Farmer’s Journal on the floor. This will allow you to set your hearth there (if you wish) but the house already acts as an inn (once you’re exalted with the Tillers and have all 16 plots available). You’ll also notice the mailbox name has changed (I think it should say Cymre’s Mailbox though).
The Beasts of Fable questline took a lot longer than I had anticipated to compile since I was doing the quest as I was writing it up so I really took my time with it. The Red Panda pet is so cute, just look at that face! I only hope the other three pets won’t be so hard to come by. However, I suspect they will be from previous experience.
In other news, due to the patch happening overnight, I missed out on doing my daily battle with Jeremy ‘the Weasel’ Feasel. When I caught up with him today, he still had no eye for me. I even did a few of the dailies at the Faire to try for the new hats but nada!
Galleon showed up later in the Valley so I managed to snag another kill and fished up some Golden Carp for a fishing quest. I even looted one of the bonus fish that Nat Pagle likes and helped fish up Krakkanon but he only dropped a stack of the local fish for me so I probably won’t do that again.
So how did your day fare? I hope it was eventful :)
There are a lot of changes coming in the patch but this is the one I’m really excited about:
Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. The Beasts of Fable taming quest will now become available from Gentle San or Sara Finkleswitch once Aki the Chosen has been defeated. Defeating all of the fabled beasts will award the new Red Panda pet, while completing the associated daily quest has a chance to award the rare brown, white, and orange variants.
While we won’t be able to capture these pets, it’s still exciting to think that we’ll be seeing and battling these in the wild soon.
A number of new pets will be found on the Isle of Lightning, including Rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops. One of the models I’m looking forward seeing to is the Living Sandling – a raid drop from the Throne of Thunder.
How cool does that look?
Check out these changes:
- Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus (was 150%), and its cooldown is now 4 rounds (was 3).
- Fluxfire Feline‘s Wind-Up has been replaced with a new ability, Flux, which deals damage to the enemy team.
- Mr. Bigglesworth‘s Prowl has been replaced with a new ability, Ice Barrier, which blocks two attacks.
- The Tuskarr Kite has a new set of abilities that’s more appropriate for a Tuskarr Kite.
- Pets that had been affected by a crowd-control ability will now be granted Resilience, making them immune to crowd control for a short while.
- Volcano‘s damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Ice Tomb, Elementium Bolt, and Stun Seed‘s damage has been reduced by 25%.
- Geyser‘s damage has been reduced by 12.5%.
- Conflagrate‘s base damage has been increased by 20% and its bonus damage has been reduced by 60%.
- Siphon Life now heals for a flat amount instead of a percentage of the damage that had been dealt.
- Arcane Explosion’s damage to back-line pets has been increased by 20%.
- Frost Shock now properly chills targets of 2 rounds (was 4).
- Deep Freeze now has a cooldown of 4 rounds (was 3).
- Ghostly Bite‘s damage has been reduced by 20%. now has a cooldown of 7 rounds (was 3 rounds).
- Ghostly Skull: Ghostly Bite and Siphon Life have swapped ability positions.
- Call Darkness now lasts for 5 rounds (was 9 rounds).
- Blocking abilities that last for 2 turns like Decoy, now have a cooldown of 8 rounds.
- Feign Death now has a cooldown of 8 rounds (was 5).
- Prowl now lasts for 2 rounds.
- Crystal Overload now lasts for 2 rounds.
- Focus Chi now lasts for 1 round.
- Sprite Darter Hatchling and Nether Faerie Dragon– Evanescence and Arcane Blast have swapped ability positions.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- Level capped players will now have a chance to each Lesser Charm of Good Fortune after winning a pet battle versus a Pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher level pets will offer a better chance to earn a Charm. An interesting change since I’m no longer doing dailies
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player’s highest level pet will now award player experience. LOL, too bad I’ve levelled my main alts already :P
- Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account. Great change right there!
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PVP Pet Battles. This gives me a little more incentive to start doing these again.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops. Can’t wait :)
- Reflection has been replaced with Deflection, an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round.
- Thunderbolt has been redesigned. It is now a powerful team-damage spell.
- Players may now participate in pet battle duels while in the Throne of Thunder instance.
- Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds.
- Anubisath Idol: Sandstorm and Deflection have swapped ability positions.
- Nether Roach is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.Hurray!
- Taming the World now lists its reward correctly in the Achievements pane.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team. Fair enough
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting. Nice!
- Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn. Will need to be on your toes more if you want to capture that rare.
- Master Trainers in Northrend, Cataclysm, and Courageous Yon will no longer field pets with higher than intended stats.
What are you most looking forward to?