Since this is the third time I’ve levelled engineering, I thought I’d write myself a guide so if I ever did it again, I would have an easy reference point. I usually follow one of the WoW Professions guides so a lot of the information can also be found there.
Approximate Materials Required for 1-600:
- 60 x [Rough Stone]
- 36 x [Copper Bar]
- 20 x [Coarse Stone]
- 20 x [Linen Cloth]
- 95 x [Bronze Bar] – 48 Copper Bar + 48 Tin Bar
- 4 x [Moss Agate]
- 30 x [Heavy Stone]
- 60 x [Wool Cloth]
- 15 x [Medium Leather]
- 4 x [Steel Bar]
- 120 x [Solid Stone]
- 161 x [Mithril Bar]
- 20 x [Mageweave Cloth]
- 40 x [Dense Stone]
- 189 x [Thorium Bar]
- 21 x [Runecloth]
Silithus is a great place to farm all the thorium. I was able to collect all the ore within 2 circuits including the hives. The runecloth was easily farmed from the Twilight mobs.
- 45 x [Fel Iron Bar]
- 24 x [Mote of Earth]
- 12 x [Mote of Fire]
- 40 x [Adamantite Bar]
- 30 x [Netherweave Cloth]
By the time I was able to pick a speciality, my choice was simply based on how many cloth pieces I wanted to make for costumes. It turns out there were only two BoE items from Gnomish engineering so I didn’t need to sacrifice a thing.
Goblin Engineer Quest:
- 20x Big Iron Bomb (30x Iron Bars), 30x Heavy Blasting Powder (30x Heavy Stones), 10x Silver Contact (10x Silver Bars)
- 20x Solid Dynamite (10x Solid Blasting Powder, 10x Silk Cloth)
- 5x Explosive Sheep (already had from levelling)
- Goblin Construction Helmet
- Goblin Rocket Boots
- Goblin Rocket Helmet
- Dimensional Ripper – Everlook
- Dimensional Ripper – Area 52 – taught by Kablamm Farflinger next to the teleporter
- Foreman’s Enchanted Helmet
Wrath of the Lich King
- 210 x [Cobalt Bar]
- 8 x [Frostweave Cloth]
- 20 x [Crystallized Water]
- 10 x [Crystallized Earth]
- 35 x [Tinker's Kit] – You can buy these from Engineering supply vendors near your trainer.
- 85 x [Obsidium Bar]
- 4 x [Alicite]
- 52 x [Volatile Earth] – Transmute
- 30 x [Volatile Air] – Transmute, Scion of Al’Akir, Vortex Pinnacle, Mining in Uldum with an Electrostatic Condenser
- 76 x [Elementium Bar]
- 20 x [Embersilk Cloth]
- 85 x [Windwool Cloth]
- 172 x [Ghost Iron Bar]
- 18x Trillium Bars
- 2x Primordial Ruby
- 7 x [Spirit of Harmony]
- 1x Hair Trigger
- Lord Blastington’s Scope of Doom
- Long-Range Trillium Sniper
- Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
- Mist-Piercing Goggles
Materials needed for Jeeves:
2x Kings Amber = (1 Autumns Glow + Eternal Life) x2 = 2x Autumns Glow + 2x Eternal Life
30x Handful of Cobalt Bolts = 15 Cobalt Bars = 15 Cobalt ore
8x Titansteel Bars = (3x Titanium Bars + Eternal Fire + Eternal Earth + Eternal Shadow) x8 = (6x Titanium Ores + Eternal Fire + Eternal Earth + Eternal Shadow) x8 = 48x Titanium Ore + 8x Eternal Fire + 8x Eternal Earth + 8x Eternal Shadow)
20x Scrapbot Construction Kit = 40x Saronite Bars = 80x Saronite Ore
10x Field Repair Bot 110G = 2x (8x Adamantite Bars + 1x Khorium Power Core + 8x Fel Iron Bolts) = 32x Adamantite Ore + 2x Khorium Power Core + 16x Fel Iron Bolts
2x Field Repair Bot 74A = 2x (16x Thorium Bars + 2x Fused Wirings) = 32x Thorium Ore + 4x Fused Wiring
Gather all the prerequisite Repair Bot recipes:
- Field Repair Bot 74A: this is learnt from the schematic on the floor near Golem Lord Argelmach in BRD.
- Field Repair Bot 110G: this is BoP drop from Gan’arg Analyzers in Blade’s Edge Mountains.
- Scrapbot Construction Kit:
– take 4x [Handful of Cobalt Bolts] and 5x [Overcharged Capacitor]s with you.
– kill Library Guardians in Storm Peaks until the [SCRAP-E Access Card] drops (high drop rate) – accept the quest.
– turn it in to SCRAP-E, a small robotised gnome in the ‘temple’ building on top of the stairs (37.7, 46.5). Take the follow-up and return it to The Prototype Console, which is right next to him. This awards the Scrapbot Construction Kit.
For the Jeeves schematic:
- Farm the Library Guardians again so you can salvage the schematic. You’re likely to walk away with some Cobalt Bolts and Volatile Blasting Triggers in the process.
Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard’s Journal – will only see this once you’re 600