When Cool asked me to log in this morning, he surprised me with this awesome mash-up of Cymre and I. In fact, it’s probably how I look when I’m working in Photoshop as I edit one of my rare spawn portraits, Super Sunday images, camp a rare or spend my time on the Timeless Isle. Funnily enough, the pose (minus the expression) reminds me of a portrait I did many years ago.
Cool calls it an experiment as he plays with his new toy – the Wacom Cintiq 13HD and PS6. I think it looks fantastic and I’m excited to see what else he can create in the future.
If you’re up for some mogging action, check out Dragonray’s challenge starting very soon but don’t let that stop you from starting right away. This will be a first for me, not from participating but judging so the shoe is definitely on the other foot :P Kamalia and I both agree that this will be a very different (but fun) kettle of fish although speaking to some past judges, it might be a nerve-wracking experience.
The basic premise is this: for the next 12 weeks you will celebrate the National days of various countries by transmogging an outfit which matches their flag colours starting with Australia’s on 26th January. You just need to pick a country to represent each month.
- The colours/theme must match the countries current flag.
- All 12 weeks must be completed to ensure fairness in judging and finals.
- The list on each page may be outdated but it is the official list we are going to base this competition on. (Original source)
- Transmogs can be submitted in Mogit, ModelViewer or in-game.
- Your entry must be a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues with shields) including cloak, helm and weapons. Disqualification of your entry if this is not correct.
- Include the gear you used for each outfit please.
- Transmogs must be emailed to Dragonray by 6pm Friday night (AEST) of each week. This allows us time to collate/judge on the weekend and announce winners on Mon/Tues. e.g. the first week cut-off is 31st Jan 6pm. Multiple weeks can be submitted at once, please advise country/week they are for. Consider a file name of [dragonray_Aust_week1.jpg] or something similar. Send the screenshots to her gmail.com account of onyxiia.
- The judges for this event are Navimie, Kamalia and myself. The images will not be labelled so we won’t know the owner of any design meaning there won’t be any bias.
- Finals will consist of picking the top three outfits over the entire event.
- Scores will be revealed during the final week for all contestants.
- Theme – have you used the correct colours for the flag/country? – 5 points
- Flavour – Originality/style/combo – 10 points
Prizes will include:
- DIII: Reaper of Souls (Deluxe Digital Edition)
- Iron Skyreaver – new Blizzard mount.
Prize donations are also welcome.
For specific details for the upcoming qualification weeks, check out the Mog Around the World in 80 Days post.
Good Luck everyone.
Wings are nothing new for a priest/paladin, Hawkwoman, falling with finesse or even the new wild pet we’ll be seeing in Northrend soon.
In fact, I always thought the priest and pali wings were kind of cool but who needs Red Bull when you can have Daedalian Wings like these? During the Ji-Kun fight in Throne of Thunder, I saw a feather after the raid had ended so I decided to try it out.
Ok, that mace kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. You’d think it would weight me down more.
Now I can’t remember if these wings are the same as the ones you get in the Alysrazor fight (since I’ve only flown once) but there’s nothing like the first time – when it’s not so hectic!
No luck on the raid pets yet unfortunately. Hope you’ve had better luck.
The other day in Black Temple, I noticed some of the concubines wearing these cute little outfits. That’s some pretty stylish underwear if I do say so myself. Too bad we can’t wear it…
Oh and you can’t have too much of a good thing, can you?
Kalecgos seems to agree.
I don’t remember ever hearing about this when I was in Northrend but did you know that bags of popcorn and peanuts exist in the game? If not, head to the Ampitheater of Anguish in Zul’Drak, to locate the Amphitheater Vendor who sells various snacks. Once you are close to him (and grounded), send him a /wave to get a Bag of Popcorn, Bag of Peanuts, and even some Anguish Ale.
He won’t throw you something every time but it will be one of the three items. I managed to get two of the snacks even though I was only interested in the popcorn. So the next time you’re watching something interesting in-game, why not stock up on some conjured snacks and enjoy the show.
Apparently there’s a female snacks vendor too who does the same thing.
It’s a little funny that I managed to get past exalted with the Golden Lotus and not see one Skyshard on my priest. Then a few months later, after getting honoured on my hunter, I still didn’t see any.
So when I decided to continue my rep grind with the faction on Tallys, I saw my first one out of the Treasures of the Vale. This gave me hope that I would see more if I continued to do the quests every day. With the Commendation boost, it helped me get to revered and exalted that much faster so I was surprised when a few days later I received a key and two Skyshards from two different mobs in the Vale.
Treasures of the Vale x1
Shao-Tien Reclaimer x1
Slateskin Troublemaker x1
In other news, I was able to try something new with Cool the other day…
If you like temporary transformations, this is a cute little addition. Just emote the adorable little panda cub by your Pandarian portal in your Capital City with a /hug, /love or /pat, the next time you’re there to receive a Magic Bamboo Shoot.
The illusion will last 10mins and allow you to cast spells but will lose the effect once you take damage (unless you use Ai-Li’s Skymirror). It’s also a conjured item so be sure to use it before you log out.
This of course called for a road trip or should I say scenic flight…
until… CRZs kick in
Another side effect while running my daily dungeon
Shit, I just remembered I forgot to do it on two of my toons today… still no mask and I won’t hold my breath for the mount but I’ll keep going until it’s over for another year.
This morning I received an unexpected surprise while going through my emails – a thank you poem from Navi. I admit I had forgotten about her blogiversary thank you task but she also wanted to include her thanks for the secret gift I had made for her.
A site more beautiful than Cym’s
Is very hard to find.
Her pics well framed, and great costumes
Look longer! She won’t mind.
Silver dragons and novelties
And transmogs oh so fine!
Achievements, rares and pets are here –
She’s the queen of grand design!
I don’t have many screenshots of us from vanilla. In fact, I almost added the one from Hooters with our chibi heads but thought against it.
Anyway, thx Nav <3