Two Years of Bubbles

Trust my WordPress Notification tab to remind me of the date even though I was thinking about it in the weeks leading up to it. Woot, two years of blogging. It feels like four at least… or maybe more!

When I look back on this past year, I’ve found that my video supplements have been a nice addition as I remember my first upload to YouTube. I wasn’t sure what to record at first but I wanted to do something tried and tested so I settled on a ‘How To’ solo the chess event in Karazhan. A week later, I created my first Trove of the Thunder King scenario (with added commentary). I must say it was a little more difficult than I expected playing and trying to be informative at the same time. I can see why a lot of people overlay their commentaries after the fact.

A month later, my Dread Ship Vazuvius video was featured on JudgeHype resulting in a rather large spike in blog traffic for several days.

Two years of blogging

Top posts

Not surprisingly my Battle Pet Tamer posts took up seven of my top eight spots with my Timeless Isle Rares post right in the middle.

Search terms

When I tried to look through my search terms for the year I couldn’t really see anything that obscure. It’s a shame there’s no filter for ‘funnyblogtraffic’ or similar. Engineering mounts still seem to be a popular topic while Aquaman was the Super of choice. A couple of treasure posts gained quite a lot of traffic together with players still wondering ‘how to get to vale of eternal blossoms’.

Referrals

Once again I have OrcisharmyknifeWoWWiki, WoWHeadWoW Roleplaygear and WoW Insider to thank for all the referrals they’ve given me. Oddly enough this was the same list as last year except that Rades has moved from second spot into first.

Thanks to all my readers and commenters, especially those I’ve met recently in-game.

1. Gratz on 2 years, hopefully many more! :D

• Thank you!

2. Congratulations! And many more! I don’t know why but it seems longer. And I remember the chess event video like it was the other day, sheesh, time moves awful fast.

• Thx! According to YouTube my chess video was uploaded in June so it’s more like 6mths but it’s been fun none-the-less.

3. Congratulations!

• Thx Tacky

4. Congrats on two years Cym!

• Thanks Arv. You should be there soon too.

5. Happy Blogiversary!

• Thanks Kam

6. Congratulations!
    Your rare posts really helped my gnome level a bit faster!
    Keep doing what you’re doing!

• That’s fantastic. I did that once with an alt, we levelled by killing rares. Lots of fun at early levels and challenging!

7. Yeah, my friend just started playing and he picked out Echo Isles, going from my paladin to a mage is a great experience and hunting down the rares while leveling is new and pretty fun.

• I need to go back and add some of the more recent additions to the zones but I fear my posts may explode from the images :P

8. Congrats on two years Cym! It’s crazy how time flies! /raises champagne glass to toast

• Thx Euphy /clink! :D