Places of Interest

Faerie Dragon Circle

In the western part of Tirisfal Glades, you’ll find a magical ring of mushrooms at the heart of the Whispering Forest. The mushrooms emit a faint glow and every so often, a number of Fey-Drunk Darters will appear. They spawn individually at approximately ten to fifteen minute intervals so you’ll be in for a wait, but if you decide to hang around, you won’t be disappointed.

Faerie Circle - Daylight
Faerie Circle - Midnight

Once all the Fey-Drunk Darters have spawned, it will be another hour or so before they start to move in unison. Magical golden notes appear above their heads as if they are singing.

While the music is playing, beams of golden light shine from each Darter, converging in the centre of the mushroom ring – known as the Faerie Circle. The deer, fawn and stags in the area seem enchanted by the music as they slowly gather around the circle. The event lasts ~2mins ending when the Darters slowly turn to fly away, perhaps fading out to the Emerald Dream. The curious animals similarly walk away as if nothing had happened.

The event appears to happen every six hours or so but it’s more impressive at night.

For those who haven’t experienced the magic of the Faerie Circle yet, you’re really missing out on something special.

I’m not the first to write about this event, in fact I’ve mentioned it before but I thought it deserved another feature because of the video.

Author

Disc priest and relic hunter who loves collecting achievements, silver dragon shots and all things pets. You may know me as Cymre Brightblade. Catch all the pet battle strategies on my YouTube channel - CymreJones

Comments

September 6, 2013 at 4:21 am

I’m going to have to make a sightseeing list. This is definitely one place I’d like to see again.

September 6, 2013 at 4:38 am

After seeing some posts on this I finally went and hung out to check it out one evening. Well worth the really long wait! Makes me so curious about whether it will ever tie in to anything in game in the future.

September 6, 2013 at 7:11 am

I love this place…have gone to watch this numerous times since I discovered it & have taken friends along to show it to them too.

Pando
September 6, 2013 at 9:55 am

I remember a while ago camping this for a couple weeks trying to catch the event. I had seen a video and wanted to experience it first hand. I never did, but the video makes it look so spectacular! Maybe it’s time to go camp again :)

September 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Definitely! You could always log an alt there and check in every so often. If you see at least one sprite, you know you’re that much closer to seeing the event.

ENJOY! :)

September 6, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I remember finding this and making so many people wait around for HOURS to see it!

It’s amazing!

September 7, 2013 at 11:36 pm

thank you for this reminder…this is a ‘must see’ on my list!

September 8, 2013 at 3:00 am

WOW! Omgosh! Now I need to go there and see that! Thanks for sharing Cymre! I actually watched that video twice! Love the music they put, and the way the little animals in the woods all came to see… Too bad they are a bit.. err.. rotten. lol ;)