Unbound Fragments

After years of perseverance, I was starting to think it would never happen but today I collected my very last Val’anyr fragment. It’s been such a long and hard road gathering all 30 fragments but I did have one thing on my side, my one constant – Coolidge. Now I admit there were times when some coaxing was required since it often took several hours just to clear through half the raid. More often than not, we would head in there with no fragments to show for it but on occasion we would be lucky with drops and get three in a week – that was pretty rare. As our gear improved, we were able to work our way to Council, Kologarn and the Cat Lady.

Joining Fragments

Over the last few months, we’ve been able to clear more and more while doing what we could on hard mode. Most of the time, this included XT, Thorim and Council. On a few occasions, we’d even have some company from friends and guildies which made things a lot easier so to all the individuals who had a hand in helping me get my Shattered Fragments, I can’t thank you enough.

To celebrate, I made a short video which records my excitement from collecting my last three frags but if you’re wearing a headset, you may be hard of hearing once you finish. You’ve been warned!

I just know the next bit will be even more exciting… I can hardly wait.

Edit: Thank you all those who said they were willing to help me with my last step. If I don’t have your battletag, pls send this to me via DM on Twitter, email or my contact page.

1. haha … nice squeals :-) I like your UI .. what is it?

• Hehe, thx! It’s SpartanUI :)

• Hope you can still hear afterwards :P

2. Congratulations Cymre!!!!! :-)

• Thank you!

3. Yay! Big grats! :)

• Hip! Hip!

4. Gratz! That squeal was epic!

• LOL! Thx Jojo :D

5. Yeah! One more thing to move from “To Do” to “Done”!

Not all tasks are equal. Some squeals are louder than lower case.

• Yes, exactly! I’ll be able to look at it like my scepter for AQ and feel like I accomplished something. Those fragments were so few and far between which is why it sounds like I might have gone overboard to others. :P

6. Grats :)

Just don’t do what I nearly did and choke in the final reel. Was so excited at the thought of not having to go on every Ulduar run any more, frying Dwarves for every alt in the guild in the hope that a fragment dropped, that I nearly forgot to throw it at Yogg. Luckily someone pointed it out before we killed him, but it was a bit too close to close for comfort.

• Oh wow. Well, I suspect I won’t since it will be a unique experience to have so many people there for me but you never know until it happens :)

• Thanks!

7. ooh Grats, very exciting :)

• Yes, it was – such a long time coming! :)

8. It’s not the ‘getting it done’ I necessarily want to congratulate you for, which is awesome, but having the joy of friends who stick by you through thick and thin! Bet that feels satisfying – now, onto the next challenge!

• If it wasn’t for Coolidge, I wouldn’t be where I am that’s for sure :)

9. YAY! Gratz! So exciting!

• Thx Luxy! :D

10. Congrats! I’m glad you finally got it :D

• Me too!

11. Congrats! I’m working on this as well so I know how rare those fragments can be. To make matters worse others keep ninja’ing them every week. I’d love to help you finish it if I’m on when you go.

• Oh no! Is that during a pug? I wish you the best of luck and another friendly face would be great.