Pet Battle

Robots and Broodlings

I couldn’t resist having a look on the PTR and for good reason. A few new additions in my pet journal included the new Rascal-Bot, Zergling, Terky, Murkablo, Deathy and the Onyx Panther so I tried a few pet battles to test out all of their abilities.

Rascal-Bot
GruntyZergling Onyx-Panther-

A couple of these I haven’t seen before since they were only available in Taiwan and Korea so they made up a couple of my dream teams.

DeathyMurkablo

Then today there was this little beauty. She has some nice abilities including Life Exchange and another healing ability which I tried out during another pet battle.

Yulon

In other news, I reached 100 wins for my PVP pet battles (on live) which isn’t quite half way but felt it was worth mentioning. This included one of the longest pet battles to date where a particular opponent let the timer lapse EVERY SINGLE TIME. Talk about dragging the game on… it took over 10mins but at least I won.

I also tried one of the Proving Grounds scenarios as Disc which was easier than I expected for bronze. I look forward to collecting these achievements on live and wonder how far I’ll get with endless mode. Time will tell…

I’m leaving the other stuff as a surprise though so the next part of the legendary will be fresh. No sign of the new minor glyph yet either.

Author

Disc priest and relic hunter who loves collecting achievements, silver dragon shots and all things pets. You may know me as Cymre Brightblade. Catch all the pet battle strategies on my YouTube channel - CymreJones

Comments

July 17, 2013 at 2:28 am

I’ve been so busy writing about Hearthstone that I haven’t had much time to check out the PTR. LOVE the Rascal-bot (Bad Robot)! Will have to log in and check those out.

July 17, 2013 at 3:15 am

I can’t wait to try the Proving Grounds and grats on those 100 wins. I need to get back to it.

Daeaye
July 17, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I’m a little apprehensive about the Proving Grounds. The longer I stay out of combat, the more I’m convinced I coulgdn’t shoot my bow the right way if I tried. I don’t know what’s wrong with me!
And I swear that pets and mounts are the most exciting part of patches. I often completely skip class changes and then wonder why one of my chars is suddenly poop. Here’s hoping these pets aren’t too elusive.

July 17, 2013 at 5:45 pm

OMG that Bad Robot looks amazing :D

Pando
July 18, 2013 at 3:26 am

That robot is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

July 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I’m so excited for Proving Grounds. So glad healing is an option!

Rascal-Bot is so cute! I’ve been trying to come up with the perfect name for him.

July 18, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Me too. I almost have Gold done now. Also tried the dps one and made bronze. I haven’t tried thinking of names yet although the bot is not tradeable.

July 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Arrrrrgh! Rascal Bot is so adorable!