- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Soloing the Chess Event in Karazhan
Creating a WoW video is something I’ve wanted to do for a while but never tried until now so when I asked around my social networks, Fraps seemed to be a popular suggestion. Sadly, the free version only let me record 29secs worth of stuff so I needed another option. In the end I decided to try a program I had never heard of before but once I had figured out what to record, I headed into Karazhan for my weekly pet farming session.
Now I realise there are a lot of ‘how to solo chess’ videos and guides already out there but this is a basic strategy which I’ve simplified over time.
The video shows you how to win using a minimum of 5 pieces. This obviously depends on RNG so some games will be faster than others. It’s also possible to win the event using less pieces than I’ve shown but for me, I’ve had the best success rate using this method.
- Set your King to focus before you start so you can keep an eye on his health. (I did this a few steps into the video).
- Talk to the King – cast Heroism/Bloodlust (key 4) and exit. Note you get an 8sec CD before you can enter the next piece.
- Move the Grunt/Footman in front of each Wolf/Charger forward one space.
- Now move the Daemon/Elemental into the spots the pawns were in. Cast Hellfire (other AoE) before you leave each piece.
- Check the health of your King. If you need to, use the Necrolyte/Cleric to heal your king to full. (Lately I have not needed to do this, even if he’s standing in fire).
- As soon as the enemy King gets in range, swap to your Mage/Warlock and start nuking. Don’t forget to use the Poison Cloud (other AoE) too.
That’s it. Now make your way to Prince.
Granted it’s just a basic video as I haven’t done one before but you get the idea.