Dare to Rein

It was very unusual to see a BE on an undead horse (during BC) but it was an idea that Coolidge came up with when I wanted to ride something more unusual than a hawkstrider. He knew how much I liked riding my human’s racial mount back in vanilla so it turned out to be a great idea. In fact, it took me quite a while to choose which horse I wanted to buy back then – I ended up buying one in Wetlands after an hour or so :P

As a Horde player, this was the next best thing as I worked on my rep with Undercity.

Çymre & Çoolidge before our name changes

Çymre & Çoolidge before our name changes

Here we are in Blades Edge Mountains on a rather sad day. We had to change our names due to a character violation so this was the last pic I took of us before we were forced to change them for good.

Over the years, I’ve spent a lot of time in Strat, first on my hunter farming a couple of bone slicing hatchets (since I loved duel-wielding) and then later doing those timed runs for our dungeon upgrade chains. Now and then I would farm the place for Rivendare’s mount but that became boring pretty quickly for the effort it took.

It’s now been a while since I stepped into Stratholme but today I had the urge to try again for Rivendare’s mount. As I reached the end of the forth reset of the day, an epic drop stood out. EEE! It was the mount earning me the Feat of Strength – Deathcharger’s Reins.

Rivendare's Reins Rivendare's Reins - special

I’m still a fair way off from 200 mounts but it feels great to get another one out of the way.

1. Congratulations! That is one very cool mount, and one that I have known many people have farmed forever to never see! (Except my husband who was only in there for Argent Dawn rep one day, but that’s a story for another time!)

• Wow, talk about luck and thx!

2. Grats, that is a very cool looking mount. One day I’d love it for my alliance toons so they can ride around pretending to be horde in disguise :)

• Hehe sounds good. GL with it!

3. OMG! Another thing in common! I did exactly the same thing on my BE rogue in BC! I have never really liked the BE mounts.

Congratz on Deathcharger!

• I guess we were destined to meet, esp after I found out you were the IF toon I could hear at a lot of battles :P

4. OMG! Big grats! And that’s so funny, I did the same thing and I finally picked one from the Wetlands too.

• I can’t remember which one it was but it looked the nicest to me – chestnut I think? It was such a lot of gold so it had to be a good choice!

5. Grat on your Deathcharger!
    We have farmed this beauty many many times and still haven’t see it.

• Thank you! Good luck to you both.

6. Wow Cym, Grats! I feel the same way about those hawkstrider mounts. Back in BC when I played my BE mage I couldn’t stand riding around on a big chicken. Not having enough rep to buy any of the other horde mounts I actually gave the RAF zhevra mount to her even though she wasn’t my main heh.

• They have kind of grown on me now, esp when the white one dropped in Magister’s. Ooh, nice mount for an alt :)

7. Grats! Horses look great on BE’s I think. They look very stupid on Tauren but that mount is awesome :D

8. Grats on the mount! I finally caved in and just bought mine from the BMAH instead lol.

• Should I be afraid to ask how much this one was? Grats though on yours although I probably read about it and then forgot!