- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
5.3 PTR Pet Changes
A while ago, I participated in a Shared Topic which asked what future raid pets we’d like to see. It looks like our prayers have been answered with some new info from the PTR. A few of my suggestions are included with a list of raid pets from Burning Crusade.
Collecting all 10 pets from Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep will reward you with Tito. Currently Tito uses the old worg model but since it’s still the PTR, I’m hoping for something unique like Mr Bigglesworth.
- Lil’ Bad Wolf (Spiky Collar) – Drops from Opera Event (Big Bad Wolf) In Karazhan
- Menagerie Custodian (Instant Arcane Sanctum Security Kit) – Drops from The Curator in Karazhan
- Netherspace Abyssal (Netherspace Portal-Stone) – Drops from Prince Malchezaar in Karazhan
- Tideskipper (Shell of Tide-Calling) – Drops from Morogrim Tidewalker in Serpentshrine Cavern
- Fiendish Imp (Satyr Charm) – Drops from Terestian Illhoof in Karazhan
- Tainted Waveling (Tainted Core) – Drops from Hydross the Unstable in Serpentshrine Cavern
- Coilfang Stalker (Dripping Strider Egg) – Drops from Lady Vashj in Serpentshrine Cavern
Pocket Reaver (Tiny Fel Engine Key) – Drops from Void Reaver in Tempest Keep
- Lesser Voidcaller (Crystal of the Void) – Drops from High Astromancer Solarian in Tempest Keep
- Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (Brilliant Phoenix Hawk Feather) – Drops from Al’ar in Tempest Keep
- Direhorn Runt (Beast) – Drops from Direhorns on the Isle of Giants
- Filthling (Magic) – Drops from Quivering Filth on the Isle of Thunder
- Gahz’rooki (Aquatic) – Purchased from Ravika or Tenuki in Durotar
- Living Fluid (Magic) – Drops from Primordius in Throne of Thunder (LFR)
- Pygmy Direhorn (Beast) – Drops from Horridon in Throne of Thunder
- Viscous Horror (Magic) – Drops from Primordius in Throne of Thunder (normal and heroic)
One of the things I’m most excited about is the Val’kyr pet which was also a popular suggestion when I submitted it for my Shared Topic.
A new battle pet wanders the vast expanse of Northrend in patch 5.3. The elusive Unborn Val’kyr awaits!
Mumper (26 Mar 2013)
I can’t wait to capture one – however long it takes. :)
Changes to Experience and Hit
Several new pet treats will boost experience – Lesser Pet Treat and Pet Treat. I’m guessing these will be coming out of the reward bags like the bandages (note they are also BoA). Perhaps in response to the lack of enthusiasm for doing the Fable challenges.
All new hit system coming for pets in 5.3. More details next week.
Mumper (24 Mar 2013)
PVP Pet Battle Achievements
Unfortunately, I haven’t tried PVP’ing since I managed to get the first couple of PVP related achievements fairly early on. A new pet and title may well change this though.
- Merciless Pet Brawler: Win 10 PVP pet battles through Find Battle with a full team of level 25 pets.
- Vengeful Pet Brawler: Win 50 PvP pet battles through Find Battle with a full team of level 25 pets.
- Brutal Pet Brawler: Win 250 PvP pet battles through Find Battle with a full team of level 25 pets.
Reward: Stunted Direhorn.
- Deadly Pet Brawler: Win 1000 PvP pet battles through Find Battle with a full team of level 25 pets.