- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Epic Pet Battle?
I’ve been known to stay at one Tamer location for a long time, especially when I’m power levelling a pet. So it’s not unusual that on occasion I will be locked in battle with with a pet or team as the rounds surpass 20 or 30 (although that’s more likely in a regular wild battle).
Take today for instance. I was in the process of trying to level several combinations of pets when I decided to use my uncommon level 22 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling as the booster pet. After a couple of close attempts, it was only until my dragonling was was the last pet standing (or should I say flying) together with Hyuna’s turtle that I thought about epic battles and secret achievements.
WoWHead has these secret achievements which can be unlocked – but you won’t know the criteria for it until you’ve earned it. Pretty tricky, huh? So as my battle went past 50 rounds (:P), I thought it would be cool if we had achievements to reflect the length or difficulty of a battle – but it would have to be continuous active moves and no passing.
Call it perseverance or stubbornness but I was somewhat curious to see how long it could go for. Towards the end, I was determined to get a win as my other two pets were dead and this was my levelling pet so I kept going until I was victorious. Turns out my dragon’s decoy ability worked like a charm, esp. when the turtle wanted to headbutt his opponent.
Well, it may be just a pipe dream but it was a nice thought while it lasted… after this particular battle though I only had some treats and a tattered collar to show for it.
In Other Pet News
- The issue with mech and undead not proccing their rez is a known bug and we plan to fix it in 5.2.0 (Source)
- We made a dramatic reduction to the respawn timer on the Scourged Whelpings in 5.2.0 (Source)
- No changes to the Minfernal, we are happy with it’s capture rate. Scourged whelp was way off, its similar to Minfernal now. (Source)
- An Elite pet will give standard XP but their daily quest has a much higher chance to drop a rare battle-stone. (Source)
- Spirit tamers give a massive multiplier to XP on their dailies already, so no need for the battle-stones to be included in bags. (Source)
- Plan is to have bonus rolls work for raid boss pets. Currently 2 of those and one pet on raid trash. Current plan is that they will drop as normal loot and on bonus rolls. Stunted Direhorn is not 5.2 anymore, most likely 5.3 at this point. We have a cool replacement though! Shooting for a custom model in 5.3.0 (Source)
- Holding off on Epic Battle-Stones a bit longer still. They will come along with epic pets at the same time most likely. (Source)
- The new raid pets are in all difficulties, including LFR. (Source) Fan-bloody-tastic! :)