Staff of the Hidden Master

I’ve been searching for this staff since the beta as it was one of the few lost treasures I really wanted to find. Tonight my search was finally over. Feeling somewhat lucky after taming Savage yesterday, I thought I’d do some questing in the Valley. It wasn’t long before the quests led me to the Hidden Master so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to check all the spawn spots for this lost treasure.

I was only familiar with a couple of the spots having seen some of the screenshots on WoWHead. With the quests I picked up, I took my time checking each set of co-ordinates staying in the area for about two hours – killing multiple mobs, collecting eggs and finishing my trials.

After completing the chain, I decided to check each spawn spot one last time so I started killing the beasts around the first set of trees. Knowing I was on the wrong side of the tree, I hovered my mouse around the base and couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw the ‘Staff of the Hidden Master‘ text come up. CRAP! I had to kill these things quick!

So I killed the handful of mobs while manoeuvring myself around the area in an attempt to take a pic of the staff sticking out of the tree before someone came along and grabbed it before I could. Luckily, no one did.

Staff of the Hidden Master

Staff of the Hidden Master

Staff of the Hidden Master

Now all I need is a staff to mog :)

1. Grats Cymre!

• Thx Kam

2. Grats! That’s a cool looking staff.

• I agree

3. Yeah grats! Glad you found it. It’s one of only 2 treasures I have found and I can’t wait to transmog an outfit around it!

• I was going to ask you which spot you found yours at :)

4. That could be really cook. Do you have mogging ideas yet? Tehre’s a simplicity with your current outfit.

• Not really, all my efforts were towards finding the staff :P

5. How wonderful! Glad you found your treasure :)

• Thx, me too :D

6. That’s an awesome staff, grats! Are those items BOA? I’d like to give that to my monk if I find it on Arv.

• Yep, most of the blue items are BoA. Good luck finding yours :)

7. I love the look of that staff. <3 Grats on your find!

• Thank you!

8. I found that staff without even looking for it. lol. I was leaving the hidden master after doing the quest line there and found it perched up against a tree. I found it in the southeast of the paoquan hollow. I was on edge and almost out of the hollow when I found it. Don’t know the co-ords….

• Nice job! I know of five spots and checked them all often so congrats on your unexpected find :)