Umbrella of Chi-Ji

I was all set to get my last three bubbles working on my Archaeology but that took a while so I ended up doing a few short quests as well. My current Pandaren artifact was the rare item – the Umbrella of Chi-Ji so I was looking forward to completing it; especially when the icon looks like an unbrella but I thought it would just be a vanity item. I was excited to find that it was actually a pretty nice off-hand :)

Umbrella of Chi-Ji-water

Isn’t it lovely? Dare I say transmog worthy too :)

However, I’ve noticed if you completed the item before this current build on the beta (as I did on another toon) you’re still left with the placeholder item in your bag, same with the Spear of Xuen. So if you suspect you have a rare in your journal that you’d like to see completed, wait until the model is implemented in-game.

Oh and soon after that, I managed to get Zen Master Archaeologist. Too bad there’s no title though :P

1. That does look pretty cool.

It would be even more fun if, when put in the main hand, the model turned into a closed umbrella which you could use to whack mobs over the head!

• LOL, that would be hilarious. :P

2. very very pretty!

And I like thunderspanks idea lol!

3. Omg I HAVE to have that! ^-^

4. All I gotta say is, Cym never tells the details like, how did Cym find out about it? Her sweetheart Cool knows what she loves and finds stuff for her! Sheesh Cym… talk about no credit on my part. =p

• Only because I forgot… but thanks :)

5. LOL! I had a vision of Aygaren running about with his shield transmogged to look like the umbrella!!! On the other hand, Thdoria saw this and had a rare gleam in her eyes.

6. Ooooh! That was one of the first things I got in Archaeology in the beta. But way back then it didn’t have stats or a model. I have to go check mine now!

• Me too on an earlier copy of my priest but I didn’t notice any conversion in the icon when I checked yesterday. Same with the spear. Hoping you can see yours though :)

• Nope, it’s the same. No stats, not usable at all. :(

7. I am so thankful for account bound archaeology items, must have this!

8. Oh my gosh I love that umbrella! OK, must get archaeology maxed before MoP! OH MY! I am not sure I will even be raiding at this point will all the fun stuff to do instead!