Expansion

Collector’s vs Deluxe Digital

So with the announcement last night that the next expansion will be released on Sept 25, I haven’t decided whether I’ll be pre-ordering the retail CE or the Digital Deluxe. Check out my Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition post If you missed out on what you get.

I’ve always preferred to buy the Collector’s Edition (at least the last two) for all the cool extras you get like the pet, art book and even the mouse pad, but no TCG this time? That’s really disappointing news. Since you can get the digital extras like the mount and pet from the Deluxe edition anyway, I might end up just buying the Deluxe version this time. Not to mention you’ll have the expansion downloaded ahead of time, ready to go as soon as we’re given the green light.

However, if the TCG packs were included in this CE, you can bet your fanny pack that I’d probably end up ordering the retail version.

Edit: Looking at one of our local retail stores, the Collector’s Edition will cost AUD$98. With the Australian dollar being so strong right now, I can’t justify the extra costs when the RRP is US$79.99. Sure they need to account for shipping the boxes to us somehow but in the end, trading in some TCG decks for a mount is a fair deal which I’m willing to take. I will miss looking through the art book though and the mouse pad would have been nice too.

Cataclysm had now been upgraded through Battle.net. Let the downloading begin…

So who’s ordering which – standard, deluxe or retail CE?

Author

Disc priest and relic hunter who loves collecting achievements, silver dragon shots and all things pets. You may know me as Cymre Brightblade. Catch all the pet battle strategies on my YouTube channel - CymreJones

Comments

July 26, 2012 at 11:16 am

CE!! CE!! OMG CE!!!

I want the soundtrack! the SOUNDTRACK!!!

I am still tempted to buy Cata CE as well because i want the soundtrack as well.

Aaron (@mageic)
July 26, 2012 at 11:27 am

I’d love to get the CE, and using the current converstion rates for the NZ dollar it would be about $76 to get the online version.
Preorder from the shop for the physical CE is $138.

I may need to upgrade my ISP download so I can download it without breaking my cap :(

July 26, 2012 at 11:29 am

@Dragonray – LOL

@Cool – That doesn’t surprise me since you get the mount :)

@Aaron – I was thinking the same thing about the DL quota =/

Dan
July 26, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Deluxe Digital. For the mount and pet.

Hmmm…retail CE…tempting…

July 26, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I’ll probably be getting the CE retail version, I have the last three =) Gotta build on that antique-bookself look, right?

And what about the Chen mousepad?!? My mouse is tired of Deathwing already, lol.

July 26, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I’ve ordered the CE already. I hadn’t realised the mount etc could be bought digital so I’m considering changing my mind. I only have the Cata CE before that.

July 26, 2012 at 11:58 pm

That’s so funny. I’ve been waiting for so long for this and they reveal the day right when I’m having a WoW snit and I missed it, off to buy mine.

July 27, 2012 at 12:08 am

With the money and time I save from buying the CE, I could use that to get my old name back… or the last pet from the Blizzard store :P

July 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

CE all the way! <3

However I already upgraded to Deluxe Digital because I don't feel like waiting for the postman to deliver the package to put my paws on the mount and the pet.^^;;

I'll just give the additional CE code to my sister. ;)

July 27, 2012 at 6:49 am

I think I’m going Digital Deluxe. I hear Amazon had some CE’s left… maybe better price considering our dollar?

July 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

@Maddy – I’d rather have it pre-downloaded at the this stage. The extra stuff in the CE I can live without :)

@Navi – I don’t regret my decision and for me I don’t think the CE is worth it this time.

July 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Yeah, that’s why I couldn’t resist to the the Digital Deluxe even though I’ll be buying the physical CE… Can’t wait to step onto Pandaria! XD