- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Archive for June 15, 2012
Ah, so you weren’t chosen for Flamekeeper this year? Don’t fret, my friend! The Midsummer Fire Festival isn’t merely about that traditional honour; it’s a time of merriment, a chance to celebrate the hottest season of the year by lighting great fires across the land and sharing in what the elemental spirits can offer. Come to our camps and join in the revelry!Taken from the old official website.
It may officially be Winter on our side of the world but we all know that it’s Summer in Dath’remar (or if your name is Coolidge). The Midsummer Fire Festival has been around since 2008 and like inflation, the loot gets upgraded with each instalment. This year it will run from June 21 to July 5.
So if you’re starting from scratch, here are some things to look forward to:
When you first kill the holiday boss – Lord Ahune, he will drop an item (which everyone can loot) which starts Shards of Ahune, rewarding you with either the blue Tabard of Summer Skies or the orange Tabard of Summer Flames (above) as well as 20 Burning Blossoms. If you decide you want the other colour, you can destroy the tabard you have and then ask the tabard vendor for the other colour – this also counts for the achievement tally.
Other items may be purchased from the Midsummer vendors through trading in your Burning Blossoms.
- Mantle of the Fire Festival – 100 Burning Blossoms
- Vestment of Summer – 100 Burning Blossoms
- Sandals of Summer – 200 Burning Blossoms
- Brazier of Dancing Flames – 350 Burning Blossoms
- Captured Flame – 350 Burning Blossoms
- Helm of the Fire Festival – 350 Burning Blossoms
To complete the set you can also obtain the Crown of the Fire Festival as a reward from capturing all the flames from each capital city.
Here’s a demonstration of your personal brazier. I didn’t actually test it by cooking anything though.
The Searing Scorchling used to be a drop from Lord Ahune but was replaced by Ice Chip. It was later re-added in the 4.2 patch from a possible item inside Zen’Vorka’s Cache sold by Zen’Vorka. This vendor may be found in the Molten Front once you have collected x30 Marks of the World Tree from dailies.
There were four new achievements in 2012:
- Flame Keeper of Northrend
- Flame Keeper of Cataclysm
- Extinguishing the Cataclysm
- Extinguishing Northrend
Here are the eight Alliance and eight Horde fires in Northrend.
- Howling Fjord Fort Wildevar at 58,16 (Alliance) and Camp Winterhoof at 48,13 (Horde)
- Grizzly Hills Amberpine Lodge at 34,61 (Alliance) and Conquest Hold at 19,61 (Horde)
- Zul’drak The Argent Stand at 41,61 (Alliance) and the Argent Stand at 43,71 (Horde)
- Storm Peaks K3 at 42,87 (Alliance) and K3 at 40,86 (Horde)
- Crystalsong Forest Windrunner’s Overlook at 78,75 (Alliance) and Sunreaver’s Command at 80,53 (Horde)
- Dragonblight Wintergarde Keep at 75,44 (Alliance) and Agmar’s Hammer at 39,48 (Horde)
- Borean Tundra Fizzcrank Airstrip at 55,20 (Alliance) and Bor’gorok Outpost at 51,12 (Horde)
- Sholazar Basin River’s Heart at 47,66 (Alliance) and River’s Heart at 47,62 (Horde)
The Uldum and Twilight Highlands fires are separate with the Deepholm, Vashj’ir, and Mount Hyjal fires being neutral.
- Mount Hyjal Nordrassil at 62,22 (neutral)
- Vashj’ir Silver Tide Hollow at 49,42 (neutral)
- Deepholm Temple of Earth at 49,51 (neutral)
- Uldum Ramkahen at 53,32 (Alliance) and Ramkahen at 53,34 (Horde)
- Twilight Highlands Thundermar at 47,28 (Alliance) and Bloodgulch at 53,46 (Horde)
- Binan Village, Kun-Lai Summit - 71.1, 90.9
- Dawn’s Blossom, The Jade Forest – 47.2, 47.2
- Zhu’s Watch, Krasarang Wilds – 74.0, 9.49
- Longying Outpost, Townlong Steepes – 71.5, 56.3
- Soggy’s Gamble, Dread Wastes – 56.1, 69.5
- Halfhill, Valley of the Four Winds – 51.8, 51.4
- Mogu’shan Palace (both bonfires), Vale of Eternal Blossoms – 77.8, 33.9
So good luck if you have a busy week ahead of you.