- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition
It’s Official! Mists of Pandaria Launches 25 Sept, 2012
If you haven’t decided whether you’ll be buying the Collector’s Edition for Mists yet, this may help you decide. We’re going to get both a mount and a pet – the Imperial Quilen and the Lucky Quilen Cub. If you weren’t aware, previous Collector’s Editions only gave you a pet.
I’ve bought the last two Collector’s Editions and I admit the pet was part of it but you get so many other bonuses as well. I particularly like the Art book that comes with it as well as the loot cards. I’ve also used both mouse pads but you may or may not be surprised to find I still have 20 charges of my latest loot card from the set (see more below) :P
These images were released on the World of Warcraft facebook page. So far I’ve encountered three different coloured versions of the Quilen which I’ve showcased before in my Pandaren Hunter Pets post. I’m not sure if I like the look of the mount – the armour looks a bit much, but how cute is that pet!
For the first time, players will be able to order the Digital Deluxe Edition for US$59.99 which means that you’ll get the all of the in-game items from the retail Collector’s Edition, including a World of Warcraft pet and mount, banner sigil and accent for Diablo® III, and Battle.net® portraits for StarCraft® II.
The Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition at a recommended price of US$79.99, will include the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contain the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
But no TCG decks?
As a reminder, this is what you received in the last two Collector’s Editions:
- The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
- An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director’s commentary, and more.
- The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
- A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
- Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector’s Edition.
The Wrath loot card gave me Papa Hummel’s Pet Biscuit x 50
- The Art of Cataclysm, 176 pages of art featuring never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Film Department and the World of Warcraft development team.
- An exclusive in-game pet: Lil’ Deathwing.
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Cataclysm intro cinematic with director’s commentary, and more.
- The collector’s edition soundtrack CD, containing ten epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
- A mouse pad featuring Deathwing and a map of the newly ravaged world.
- A World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Wrathgate™ starter deck, along with two extended art cards and two exclusive hero cards available only in the Collector’s Edition.
The Cataclysm loot card gave me Path of Cenarius x 50.
It’s disappointing that there’s no TCG packs in this one though. I’m not sure whether I’ll pre-order the retail Collector’s Edition or Digital Deluxe at this stage. I’m leaning more towards the retail version for all the physical extras but the lack of TCG may be the clincher for me =/