- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Sneak Peek: Galleon
Like the Sha of Anger, Galleon used to be marked on the map whenever he was up but was later removed. The first time I saw the marking in Valley of the Four Winds, I was intrigued by what the icon said so I went to take a closer look. I was amazed at the sheer size of him as you could see him a great distance away.
The next time I logged in with Coolidge, I wanted to surprise him with this mother of a monster (while he went AFK and I drove around looking for ‘something I wanted to show him’) so I hid behind a huge boulder waiting for him to come back. His first response was “What the hell is that?”
I asked him if he could go say HI and see what happens so I could document the event and he did! He’s such a trooper :) But not surprisingly, the fight didn’t last too long with one person.
Chief Salyis seems to run the show, yelling various things at the Saurok Skirmishers riding on Galleon’s back. You can see he runs a tight
ship mushan as he whips them into shape while they fire those cannon shots into the distance.
As you can see, Galleon has 261 Million health while Chief Salyis has 11 million health.
- Fire Shot – Saurok Skirmishers riding on Galleon’s back fire flaming crossbow bolts at random players, inflicting 15,000 Fire damage.
- Stomp – Galleon stomps the ground, inflicting 92,500 to 107,500 Physical damage to players within 70 yards and knocking them down for 3 sec.
- Cannon Barrage – Chief Salyis orders his minions to fire off eight powerful cannon blasts. Each blast inflicts 300,000 Fire damage to players within 10 yards and knocks them back.
- Salyin Warmonger – Chief Salyis’ Warmongers periodically jump down from Galleon’s back to engage players.
- Impaling Pull – Pulls a distant target towards the Warmonger and inflicts 13,875 to 16,125 Physical damage.
The third time I went looking for him he was nowhere to be found. Logging in sometime later, I found him in a similar spot to the first two. Each time somewhere along on the south-west bank of the zone across the river. In a recent beta build he was given his rare status as seen in the pic below.
I can’t wait to try this sometime on live. After all, that’s why I love write about these things… :)
You can also check out Euphyley’s post where she includes a short video of her encounter with him.