Happy Ending

As of this morning, I awoke to find several emails from Blizzard stating that they had reinstated my account and all items / money was returned. That was just after another email stating that they had reset my password again. I admit that first email made me a little nervous but it did coincide quite well with the following set of emails.

Since then I have logged back into my account, first through the Battle.net website and then back through the game. From what I can tell everything was returned (including all gemmed/enchanted items) which I wasn’t expecting so that was a nice bonus. Let me tell you though, the ‘Items Restored’ list on Cymre was LONG! The hacker may or may have not been surprised to find that I didn’t have one free bag spot on my gal.

I also managed to get the Core Hound Pup on all my toons so if you were wondering if you can get the pet using a mobile authenticator, there’s your answer. Quite fitting really as he’s ready to spew over any future ‘would be’ hackers so take that you bastards!

Also to commemorate the occasion, I thought a few screenshots were in order since the last few posts were sadly lacking :P

I was originally going to link this music video remembering the lyric as ‘Thank you’ for My Happy Ending, except that listening to it again I realised that wasn’t quite the theme of the song. But who cares, it’s my Happy Ending post so I’m just going to pretend she’s singing that instead… it’s a catchy tune anyway :P

Did you see that? One of the Searing Gorge Rares even made an appearance, all must be right in the World… (of Warcraft) :P

Thanks again to everyone for keeping tabs on me over the last 24 hours. As Navi said earlier, your comments really did boost my spirits. Blizzard also did a great job getting my account back, including all my items. A special shout out goes to GM Mazarhai for his efficient service \o/

1. Awesome. Glad you got your stuff back!

2. Woot woot!

Good to hear you got everything back!! I was hoping for a post about Thai massage places, but this was better :p

3. yay! i love happy endings.

4. I’m sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!

5. Sorry I’ve been so out of the loop. I had no idea you were recently hacked! I’ve been there before and was completely devastated. Blizz CS couldn’t even understand what I was saying because I was crying so much!

I’m happy everything was returned and that you’ll continue to WoW and blog :)

6. Yay! I’m glad you’re back in business and I love the screen shots of you and your pup, he’s a talented dancer!

7. Glad you’re back, and with some great pics of your new pup! The one with the rare appearance just might be a sign of better things to come.

8. Yaaaaaay!!!!! =D

Glad to hear you got your things back. /cheer

9. Yay so happy for you! I am glad they restored all your items! :-)

10. Hee awesome, that is such great news to wake up to!
    Cute pup, too. :P

11. Woot Woot Oh yeah!
    So glad you got all your stuff back!
    Your screenshots of your corehound are so cute :)
    I love that pet he is always doing the cutest darn things

12. Love those screenshots of your new pet and I think the pic of Faulty War Golem was really cool!

13. Damn it I hate hitting post when I haven’t finished writing :(
    I wanted to say I commented earlier but couldn’t see the pics but now I can and they were so cool :)

14. Congrats on a successful restore! I love the Core Hound Pup, too! I like knowing that he is, effectively, a miniature Guard Dog from the Depths of Hell, with two heads that spout lava at intruders and hackers.

Go, Core Hound Pup, Go!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Inferno to LFR and Back Again « Effraeti's RP - [...] from me.  I read about it just late, late last night, and I saw this morning it already appears …