Priest Changes – Build 15657-62
What’s that? Two batches in the same week?
Here’s what’s changed:
- Shadow Word: Pain no longer generates 1 Shadow Orb for Shadow Priests.
- Desperate Prayer can now be cast in Shadowform.
- Divine Insight Shadow effect has been changed – Periodic damage from your Mind Flay refreshes the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain on the target.
- From Darkness, Comes Light Surge of Light now has a 15% chance to proc. Surge of Darkness changed – When your Shadow Word: Pain deals damage, there is a 15% chance your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it were below 20% health.
- From Darkness, Comes Light no longer affects Shadow Word: Pain.
- Spectral Guise now causes you to be stealthed, not invisible.
- Grace no longer affects Greater Heal – makes sense since they took the spell out.
- Mastery: Shadow Orb Power replaced with Mastery: Shadowy Recall – Gives your periodic shadow damage spells a x% chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.
- Devouring Plague *New* – Consumes all of the caster’s Shadow Orbs to deal 2,099 Shadow damage per orb consumed and afflict the target with a disease that causes (1,049 + 50.0% of SP) Shadow damage every 1 for 2 sec per orb consumed. 15% of damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 40 Yards Range. Instant. Costs 1 Shadow Orb.
- Mind Surge (NNF) *New* – You have a 20% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Vampiric Touch to instantly reset the cooldown of your Mind Blast and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant.
- Shadowy Apparitions *New* – When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 12% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal 1,025 shadow damage. You can have up to 15 Shadowy Apparitions active at a time.
- Mind Blast now has a 8 sec cooldown, up from 6 sec.
- Mind Surge (NNF) now has a 10% chance to proc.
- Shadow Orbs – New – Generated by Mind Blast and Shadowy Apparitions. Used to cast Devouring Plague and empower Psychic Horror.
- Shadowy Apparitions now has a 20% chance to summon a shadow. Now deals (615 + 60.0% of SP) shadow damage and grant you a Shadow Orb. You can now have up to 3 Shadowy Apparitions active, down from 15.
- Vampiric Touch no longer regenerates health but now grants 2% of maximum mana, down from 3%.
- Glyph of Dark Binding now affects Prayer of Mending, Renew, and Leap of Faith instead of Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Renew.
- Glyph of Psychic Scream now also affects your Psyfiend’s Psychic Terror.
- Glyph of Vampiric Touch is now Glyph of Devouring Plague and affects Devouring Plague.
- Glyph of Shadowy Apparition replaced with Glyph of the Heavens – Your Levitate targets will appear to be riding on a cloud for the duration of the spell.
On a side note, I managed to try the new Stormstout Brewery dungeon today. Is it me or was it a lot easier than Temple of the Jade Serpent? Even with little to no trash it almost seemed like a walk in the park compared to the first one. I didn’t really remember much from the video I saw ages ago except something about balancing on barrels. Even so, I found it to be a much more enjoyable experience albeit short :)
Latest Blue Posts: 6 May 2012
[bluequote author=”Blue Tracker” link=”http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/222182-rapture-must-retire/” source=”http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4796049763?page=3#58″]
Rapture Must Retire
We don’t think Rapture is “fundamentally flawed.” We also added it back because so many Disc priests asked for it. It’s challenging for us to present a design when some players want something and some don’t want it.
Discipline would struggle if the spec was designed around flawless Rapture use, but it’s not. Meditation is still there and in fact a Disc priest with flawless Rapture use would have more mana return than other healers. A priest who totally ignored PW:Shield would have lower mana return, but why are you playing Disc if you ignore PW:Shield? For many Disc priests who say benefit from Rapture every 20+ sec instead of the minimum 12, their sustainability should be comparable to other healers. Keep in mind what I said in the other thread about considering the entire package; the only real measurement of sustainability is how long the various healers can cast in average (low HPS) and scary (high HPS) situations without going OOM.[/bluequote]
[bluequote author=”Blue Tracker” link=”http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/222181-priest-discipline-feedback/” target=”_blank” source=”http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768329472?page=8#143″ target=”_blank”]
In the (hopefully) next build you receive, Discipline again has Greater Heal, Strength of Soul, and Power Word: Shield with no cooldown. We are also trying something really different with Spirit Shell. Let us know how it feels.[/bluequote]