WoW Factor comes to Dath’remar

Last night I heard from Navimie that Rojak was hosting a transmog contest in the spirit of The WoW Factor show. An event normally judged by Keelhaul and Ironyca / Noelani – the creaters of WoW Roleplay Gear who judge cleverly assembled sets who can stand out in a crowd. Judging from the turnout we had, that’s exactly what you had to do.

What better way to end my birthday in-game than having a transmog fashion show? For those who have been following my blog for a while would know about my keen interest in these things. Players present were able to watch the live stream while listening to the live commentary by the judges of WoW Factor – note 57:17 for their commentary on my outfit.

Normally a three hour show, the guest judges were on a tight schedule – the whole thing was scheduled for one hour (9-10pm server) but like a lot of things, it ran over time. Keelhaul wasn’t there unfortunately, but there were two other guest judges, making four in total. There were lots of winners on multiple levels. But before the guest judges even started their commentary, Vishii from Rojak had given me 500G!

Once the judging was finally under way, there were quite a few from Frostwolves who took away quite a lot of the winnings. Eventually one of the judges mentioned my name, focusing on my outfit for a few minutes. The initial query I received from one judge was that my outfit was not mogged =/

Noelani asked if I had a transmogged outfit that I normally used but wondered if this non-mogged set was just for the competition. Ironyca suspected it might be and was right :) When I confirmed the latter was true, I proceeded to show them my mogged outfit as well as my backup outfit (in case I saw someone with a very similar one to mine). They seemed to get quite a kick out of seeing my three switcheroos :P explaining I did it this way so they could see the items better on preview. Truth be told they didn’t really need it as their knowledge of gear was quite impressive on sight. When I told them this they were happy to continue with the critique and I managed to walk away with a 5K prize :D

I don’t normally post the outfit I’m still wearing, in fact this is a shadow set I’ve been using for a while, even though I unmogged my set for a few weeks due to personal reasons. Although I admit that after I was given my prize, I immediately went to transmog this as my shadow set again :P

Here’s the outfit I used. As you can see I was going for a frosty Grim Reaper look.

Head: Cowl of Benevolence
Shoulder:
Amice of Brilliant Light
Chest: Ebonweave Robe
Waist: Cincture of Will
Hands: Ebonweave Gloves
Feet: Barbaric Cloth Boots
Weapon: Frostscythe of Lord Ahune
Wand: Wand of Prismatic Focus

The big winner of the night was Navimie who won 15K from the guest judges. Her big windfall came when the hosts from Rojak announced that Navimie was the top dog cow for the night, a massive 100K win.

Winning pic with Navimie

Grats to all the winners!

Now for some highlights from the show:

Still quite a civilised circle at this stage

Winning Yell by Elvine

Winning trade

Leleli – One of the 5K winners

Winners stage on Garrosh’s throne

Photo op with Glowbie

Thanks again to Squalli and Vishii for hosting such a successful event and the guest judges who took time out (and sleep) to come.

1. Grats on the placement! Those screenshots are beautiful! It looks like the show went well!

2. Gratz on the 5k. You know I would of been there if it wasn’t 7am for me when it happened.

3. Ooh great pics! I’m too tired to go put all the links in I’ll do that tomorrow. And Grats to you for your great set, Cowl of Benevolence is my favourite hat.

4. Truly hate these contests because the judges more than half the time start placing their own opinions with what gear they like into considering and lose the whole idea of checking out the entire synergy of half the outfits. There has been many outfits I have seen from these contests that match and work wonders but then you hear from a judge something like “oh, since it looks this way…. blah blah…” The way it looks and how the outfit flows should be completely different, and that judging from how set A looks like it is from here and set B looks like it is from here ruins the judging because this judge likes this place and opinion…. blah blah… tired. Anyway hopefully my point is made.

5. And yes, I understand some of these contests (and I am not naming any contest in particular because Cym does show me some others) are set themed. Like said above when the synergy is lost in the outfit because said judge likes the way this piece looks compared to something else someone has, then these contests are not about how great these outfits look or how well they flow in with the persons theme but more about how to please the eye of a complete stranger.

This is my opinion and I know I bashed a wall of text in here, sorry sweetheart, but this is coming from a complete mog hawk about outifts. Ask Cym if you wish… she will ask my opinion and I pick her outfits apart and I know she does not like it. =p

6. Grats on the 5,000 Cyrme!!
    I didn’t know u and Navi were on the same server.
    Love the pic of u 2 together

7. I wondered why you were not posting. Duh, I remembered to change the link to your site but forgot to resubscribe. Now I have a lot to catch up on, lol!

Huge grats! I love your outfit and that picture of you and Navi, so much Horde loveliness!

8. Great fun on Dath last night!

9. Great posts from the #WoWfactorShow on Dath’Remar this morning including one from @Cymre who competed and took home 5k!

10. You both looked fantastic and your pictures are far better than any we had. We were too busy running around trying to fit the event into a much smaller time frame than normal, so we neglected screenshots in our haste.

I understand that the event also took place on your birthday, so a belated congratulations! I hope the event rounded off a good day for you.

Congratulations once more on your prize and on your birthday, Cymre!

I enjoyed reading through your post and checking out the screenshots. It’s good to see a WoW Factor event from a different perspective.

11. I enjoyed the chance to be near other WoW bloggers, that rarely happens for me.
    I was chatting a bit with Navimie, but shame you didn’t whisper me. Since both Noelani and I are on trial accounts on US servers, we can’t whisper others, unless they whisper us first.
    Oh well, it was nice to see both of you “in person”.

12. Grats Cymre, been a fan of your site, too bad I can’t view it at work anymore cause of your new link, lol =(

• @WoWMarketeer – It did TY

@Coolidge – I wish you could have been there too, esp since you worked on an outfit that day, some support would have been nice too :)

@Navimie – Thx Nav. Grats again to you.

@Pando – Yep we’ve been on two servers together now.

@TotA – LOL, I was also wondering why you hadn’t commented for a while. I thought it might have been something I said :P

@Noelani – Thanks for stopping by.

@Ironyca – Oh I didn’t realise about the trial account thing. I definitely would have pst’ed you otherwise. Maybe Nav should have said something but I’m sure she had other things on her mind :P I was actually tempted to pst you to plug my blog too :)

@Arvash – Thx so much for stopping by and commenting :)
      Ah Firewalls =/ Maybe you could subscribe by email instead and get the posts that way. I also have a mobile version of the blog for those with smartphones :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. WoW Factor US-Dath’Remar « WoW Roleplay Gear - [...] The screenshot at the top was taken by Çymre, who can be seen on the left alongside Navimie. Çymre …