- Brawler’s Guild
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Archive for April 25, 2012
Feralas is a rainforest surrounded by arid zones in southern Kalimdor. It’s known for many things, including the mystery surrounding Dire Maul – a former city of the Highborne that drew upon demonic energy to stay immortal. There’s also a strong Night Elf presence – both in Feathermoon Stronghold, the base of operations for the Sentinels, and in numerous ruins scattered around the zones.
One point of interest is the Twin Colossals – two large mountains where players can be teleported up to one of the plateaus. Once up there you can purchase a parachute (of short duration) for the descent, so don’t use it too soon :P Before you were able to fly in the zone, this proved quite detrimental to peoples health. Reminds me of a certain warrior back then who had died up in the cliffs somewhere and then asked me to rez his body… wherever it was. :P
Feralas is also the location of one of the four Great Trees leading to the Emerald Dream and previously guarded by the four Emerald Dragons. The three others could be found in Ashenvale, Duskwood, and the Hinterlands.
Another popular spot would have to be the Steam Pool Resort to the southeast of the zone, although technically it isn’t part of Feralas; having its own Local Defence and General channel. It has a large lake at its base and smaller steaming hot pools found further up along the mountain side. This is the location of the phased Dormus summon, the result of picking up the right mysterious camel figurine for those after the Camel mount and achievement.
Interestingly enough, for those of you who were around in vanilla, three of these rares used to be one of three combatants in the Dire Maul Arena.
Last but not least is Prince Lakma. Notice that’s he’s level 87 with over 4M health so don’t go in thinking he’s an easy kill. He has 20 stacks of Lightning Shield too.
Those who completed the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line will remember the 62 elite, Lord Lakmaeran located on the Isle of Dread in Feralas. Back then you needed a group to kill him.
It feels like ages since the last lot of new content was added to the beta but with last night’s Patch changes, here’s what’s different:
There’s now a ‘Core Abilities’ tab in the Spellbook. Not sure but I think something’s a bit off :P
- Fade now temporarily removes all your threat.
- Mass Dispel now costs 13% of base mana, down from 38% of base mana. Now has a 15 sec cooldown.
- Void Shift is no longer a talent. Now has a 6 min cooldown. You and the currently targeted party or raid member swap health percentages. Increases the lower health percentage of the two to 25% if below that amount.
- Cascade absorb has been reduced by 66%. Now scales from 97.5% of Spell Power, down from 261.3%.
- Divine Insight Discipline and Holy bonuses have been reworked. Discipline – When you cast Spirit Shell, there is a 40% chance your next Power Word: Shield will both ignore and not cause the Weakened Soul effect. Holy – When you cast Greater Heal, there is a 40% chance your next Prayer of Mending will not trigger its cooldown, and will jump to each target instantly.
- Divine Star now is instant cast, down from 0.25 sec cast. Base damage/healing has been reduced by 28%. Now scales from 32.5% of Spell Power, down from 65%.
- Feathers From Heaven is now Angelic Feather.
- From Darkness, Comes Light now has a 2 Charges limit.
- Halo is now Instant, down from 2 sec cast. Base damage reduced by 50%. Now scales from 195% of Spell Power, down from 390%.
- Mindbender *New* – Creates a Mindbender to attack the target. Caster receives 6% mana when the Mindbender attacks. Damage taken by area of effect attacks is reduced. Lasts 15 sec. 4 min cooldown. Can be cast in Shadowform.
- Twist of Fate has been reworked – After damaging or healing a target below 20% health, you deal 15% increased damage and healing for 10 sec.
- Rapture – When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with mana equal to 150% of your Spirit. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.
- Borrowed Time – Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield. Lasts for 6 sec.
- Spirit Shell now costs 6% of Base Mana, up from 2%. Now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 3 sec. now absorbs (32,648 + 219.0% of SP) spell damage. Healing now procs when the shield expires or is dispelled.
- Chakra: Chastise now Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 75%, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise.
- Greater Heal base healing has been reduced by 17%. Now has a 2.5 sec cast time, down from 3 sec.
- Serendipity – When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 20% and mana cost reduced by 10%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 20 sec.
- Vampiric Touch base damage has been reduced by 75%. Now scales from 37.6% of Spell Power, down from 62.6% of Spell Power.
- Meditation now allows 25% of mana regeneration to continue, down from 50%.
- Glyph of Fade now causes your Fade ability now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
- Glyph of Penance now Increases the mana cost of Penance by 20% but allows Penance to be cast while moving.
Tier Set Bonuses
- Priest T14 Healer 2P Bonus – New: Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal spell by 10%.
- Priest T14 Healer 4P Bonus – New: Reduces the cooldown of your Penance spell by 4 sec and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing spell by 4 sec.
- Priest T14 Shadow 2P Bonus – New: Increases the critical strike chance of your Mind Flay spell by 10%.
- Priest T14 Shadow 4P Bonus – New: Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch spells by 3 sec.
Those bonuses really couldn’t be less exciting. Hopefully they’ll be rectifying that soon…
The Blasted Lands is a wasted desert connecting Eastern Kingdoms to Outland via the Dark Portal and filled with demons and ogres. The Gilnean village of Surwich, a sinister forest revitalized by druid Marl Wormthorn was added in Cataclysm. A popular zone for collecting Imperfect Draenethyst Fragments and Flawless Draenethyst Spheres. Both of which can be turned into Kum’Isha The Collector, a level 60 in the middle of Blasted Lands rewarding you with some random BOE greens and blues.