- Brawler’s Guild
- Novelty Items
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Archive for April 14, 2012
A tranquil plain of lush farmland, bordered by dense mysterious jungles along the south and impassable mountains to the north. The valley is considered the “breadbasket” of Pandaria, but the year’s harvest is in jeopardy and a terrible malaise has overcome the pandaren that live along the coast. The valley is also the home of the legendary Stormstout Brewery, where Chen Stormstout and his niece Li Li hope to journey to discover the whereabouts of their long-lost ancestors.
When you first enter the second area open to players from the Jade Forest, you are met with Chen and Li Li. From the initial dialogue, it appears she isn’t afraid to speak her mind.
The Valley itself is a lush area filled with an abundance of farmland and variety of crops which makes it the agricultural centre of Pandaria. It’s also home to the Stormstout Brewery where Chen will will ask you to help clear the Brewery as well as discovering what happened to his long lost ancestors.
One of the first things you’ll notice here are the extremely large vegetables said to be the result of the water flowing down from Vale of Eternal Blossoms for over a millennia. If you decide to explore the area as I did before questing, you’ll see part of the Great Wall showing it’s first cracks as the only thing dividing the violent Mantid race from the Pandaren.
Here you’ll also begin your reputation grind with the Tillers. Every day farmers will come to the farmer’s market, the social hub of the Valley, with different problems and providing daily quests:
- You will help Farmer Yoon fix up his overgrown farm, which in turn will show your progress with the faction.
- You can clear plots of land and plant things like cooking ingredients, herbalism nodes, gifts for the different NPCs to build your reputation. You then come back the next day to harvest what has grown.
You will be able to decorate the farm as you gain reputation. For example, you can add some pigs and slop, some other animals, and grow an apple orchard.
Other characters of note include Hemet Nesingwary and son. You know he was bound to make an appearance somewhere in Pandaria as he hasn’t failed to do so in past x-pacs. I love the name of the hot air balloon… The Killem’ Jaro
Oh, and one other thing… those turtles are really annoying…
I love throwing a shield on myself when I want to reach something a bit faster (like a quest item) or run away from something when I’m trying to take their picture :P
I must say that I still miss Holy Nova, as it’s a spell I used quite often. I’m still not quite happy with the cast time of Spirit Shell but it’s handy stacking it twice for the absorb. Tendrils are fun to use while soloing and you can use them often which is handy although they die pretty quickly.
In general Disc seemed weak in terms of output so I’m glad the following changes have been made. I’ve only done the Temple of the Jade Serpent once but with these new changes and more experience with the new tree/talents, etc. I’ll be looking forward to trying it again. It’s just a shame the few macros I wrote for my spells no longer work :/
Read on for the latest Priest changes…
- Binding Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 112.4% of Spell Power, up from 78.9%
- Flash Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 164.2% of Spell Power,
- Power Word: Shield base absorb has been increased by 42%.
- Prayer of Mending healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from from 57.1% of Spell Power, up from 40.1%.
- Renew healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 25.9% of Spell Power, up from 18.2%
- Cascade base healing has been increased by 120%. Now scales from 261.3% of Spell Power, up from 234%.
- Divine Star base healing has been increased by 120%. Now scales from 65% of Spell Power, up from 58.5%.
- From Darkness, Comes Light now also procs from Spirit Shell
- Halo base healing has been increased 120%. Now scales from 391.1% of Spell Power, up from 351%.
- Divine Fury (New) – Increases your chance to hit with Penance, Smite, and Holy Fire by 15%.
- Penance healing/damage has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 63.5% of Spell Power, up from 44.6%.
- Circle of Healing healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 46.7% of Spell Power, up from 32.8%.
- Divine Hymn healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 54.1% of Spell Power, up from 77.1%.
- Greater Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 219% of Spell Power, up from 153.8%.
- Heal healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 102.4% of Spell Power, up from 71.9%.
- Lightwell base healing has been increased by 42%.
- Prayer of Healing healing has been increased by 42%. Now scales from 67.1% of Spell Power, up from 47.1%