- Blog Azeroth
- Places of Interest
- World Events
Archive for March 27, 2012
The Dungeon Challenge Mode/Timed Runs introduced in Mists of Pandaria will reward players with new cosmetic armour sets. Imagine racing against the clock to finish the dungeon as quickly as possible in gear appropriate for the dungeon. The faster you finish, the greater your reward.
Selecting Challenge Mode before you enter a dungeon, your objective is to clear the instance and down all the dungeon’s bosses as fast as you can. Your gear will be normalised, meaning that instead of your own equipment you will be fighting using a set of items that’s appropriate for the instance. In essence, it makes the challenge level equal for all players. Depending on how quickly you clear the dungeon, your group can earn one of three possible medals: bronze, silver or gold.
The sets below were the original transmog reward sets for challenge modes but they will now be the Priest Tier sets.
Not sure what the future holds for me at this point but I wanted to post this as an easy reference point. Since it’s still early beta, these sets might still change so we’ll have to wait and see once Mists goes live.
Also here are the latest class changes to Discipline:
- Train of Thought: When you heal with Greater Heal, the CD of your Inner Focus is reduced by 5 sec. When you Smite, the CD of your Penance is reduced by 0.5 sec.
- Evangelism: When you deal direct damage with Smite or Holy Fire you gain Evangelism. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 20 sec. Increases the damage done by your Smite and Holy Fire spells by 4% and reduces the mana cost of those spells by 6%.
- Inner Focus: No longer works with Binding Heal.
- Penance: Now has a 10 sec CD, down from 12 sec. Now costs 3% of base mana, down from 14%. Ooh!
- Grace: Now also works with Spirit Shell. Now increases all healing received from the Priest by 10%, up from 8%. Sounds good.
- Pain Suppression: Now costs 1% of base mana, down from 8%.
- Dispel Magic: Now removes all Magic and Disease effects. Nice!
- Spirit Shell: New. Creates an absorption shield on the target for [5231 + 50.3% of SP] damage lasting 8 sec. When the shield expires, the target is healed for 80% of the remaining amount. 40 yd range, 2% of base mana, 2.5 sec cast. Looking forward to trying this…